“My favorite place in New Orleans to eat sweets and drink coffee!”

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 62 Dessert in New Orleans
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I am a native of New Orleans, and this has been my favorite place to eat sweets and drink coffee since I was fetus. Seriously, monenem ate dere when I was jus' a tadpole. I bring all of my out-of-town guests there, and have never heard a single complaint.

4  Thank Adam L

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We loved Angelo Brocato's! The gelato was so delicious that we came back the next day before leaving New Orleans. This is the type of place where you can come, have a coffee and read the newspaper with your pastry (or just go straight to the gelato). Just don't miss this very old, authentic Italian place.

1  Thank Sallyg416
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a little piece of heaven in mid-city New Orleans for fans of Italian Gelato and pastries. Delicious ice cream, friendly staff, authentic old-world ambience. If you will only go one time, try their Cassata ice-cream. Often crowded in the evenings. You will need to park on the street.

3  Thank Charles D
Reviewed May 28, 2013

There's nothing I can write that hasn't been written before... absolutely fabulous gelato. We enjoyed lunch in the French Quarter and then jumped on the Canal Street streetcar and took it up to North Carrollton. We hopped off, enjoyed a sweet treat and then headed right back downtown. The whole trip took about 60-90 minutes, but was completely worth it. The streetcars are air conditioned and the gelato was fantastic!! I kept stealing my husband's pistachio flavor!

2  Thank JenntheDiver
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Fun little field trip on the Canal St. car for about 20 minutes, takes you from the FQtr. to A. Brocatos. Once inside, try any of the fine gelatos, pastries, coffee.

2  Thank Nuttman