New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Angelo Brocato Ice Cream

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 59 Dessert in New Orleans
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Daytona Beach area
“Authentic Italian Delicacies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I went out of our way ( on a pouring rain night) to go here after dinner based on reviews seen on tv show. We were not disappointed. We had pistachio gelato, creamy & tasty as it should be; also got a cream puff type pastry, very delish & fresh & the turnovers just looked k so good I just ad to take one back to hotel with me. Had it for breakfast the next morning and was in lemon heaven! There was so much lemon filling and the pastry part itself was so, so good. I would of ran back for mor but they were closed on Monday & w were flying home that day. Next time we in NO, for sure will be back there. Oh, and did I mention what nice workers in there?

4 Thank whammo333

Alabaster, Alabama
“Best Kept Secret in New Orleans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

The wait is well worth it! This hidden gem is away from all the hustle and bustle of the French Quarter. There is a variety of homemade gelato that is absolutely delicious. The chocolate dipped cannoli is a must try.

1 Thank chrissear
Indiana
“It was ice cream and gelato.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

We went at about 9pm. It was nice that they were open later. I had a cream puff and rum raisin ice cream. It was good. It wasn't the best I have ever had. I enjoyed the decor but the bar and the Chinese restaurant next door kind of ruined it a bit. Oh and the off duty police officer doing security at the door too was different for an ice cream shop.

4 Thank jessicamariez
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Absolutely delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

It's a tradition to go to Bracato's for fig cookies and cannoli's in my family. Me and my siblings went there recently and got the gelato and holy cow the rum custard was delicious! My brother got that flavor and I totally hijacked it from him! I also tried the Black Forest cookie and that was delish! The staff was super helpful and nice. The line was super long but they still were nice when I asked to sample a couple of gelato favors.
I plan to make the gelato a stample purchase there now.

1 Thank Angelle V
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“great gelato and cannoli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We took a pint of Italian Kiss gelato back to our hotel and it was great - took chocolate dipped cannoli's home and they were great 2 days later

Visited April 2013