“You must go here”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is an old-fashioned Italian gelato and pastry shop in New Orleans. Everything there is made by the family who owns the store and it's been there seemingly forever. The cannolis are amazing and were the entire reason I first decided to go here. These are filled when ordered and come with vanilla cream on one side and chocolate on the other and then dipped in crushed pistachios. I am not a chocoholic and prefer vanilla, so I always order mine just vanilla. I also love their Italian sodas and you have a huge choice of flavors. You also have a large assortment of gelatos and Italian ices... I am totally in love with the Zuppa Englese flavor. Cookies can be ordered online as well as in store. And they also do coffee. You must go here. Seriously.

3  Thank Tori E
There are newer reviews for Angelo Brocato Ice Cream

Reviewed December 29, 2012

After a disappointing meal at Vincent's, we headed to Angelo Brocato's for dessert. We had a selection of gelatos, an almond crescent, and a decaf latte. Everything was excellent, and the lemon ice was as just the same as it was when I was a child - sublime. My eleven year old, visiting New Orleans for the first time, declared the lemon ice to be one of the two perfect food he's ever tasted.

It's worth waiting in the long line for Brocato's. the staff are universally pleasant and cheerful, and you will not find a more satisfying dessert.

1  Thank sgsterne
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Hubs and I shared a medium cup of chocolate hazelnuet and pecan praline. The chocolate hazelnut is perfect but the pecan praline is the gelato that dreams are made of, I mean over the top deliciousness! We got a cannoli to go and forgot about it till the next day-it was no longer crisp but the filling was still fantastic!

1  Thank BeachbumAggie
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Brocato's is by far, without a doubt, the place I would suggest most to visit while in New Orleans. Everything about Brocato's is perfection. If it's too cold for ice cream, my top picks are their cherry or apple turnovers, an eclair, or a cream puff - but everything is delicious. Literally, I have never tasted better ice cream.

1  Thank Hazel R
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We read great reviews of this place and were not disappointed. The strawberry cheesecake ice cream may be the best my husband and I have ever tasted. We returned the next day and purchased cannolis, which had been highly recommended, but we were a tad disappointed in them. We will definitely return every time we visit NOLA.

2  Thank goodwaterbetty