“Fantastic gelato and cannoli”

Angelo Brocato Ice Cream
Ranked #1 of 62 Dessert in New Orleans
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mid-City
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Hubs and I shared a medium cup of chocolate hazelnuet and pecan praline. The chocolate hazelnut is perfect but the pecan praline is the gelato that dreams are made of, I mean over the top deliciousness! We got a cannoli to go and forgot about it till the next day-it was no longer crisp but the filling was still fantastic!

1  Thank BeachbumAggie

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Brocato's is by far, without a doubt, the place I would suggest most to visit while in New Orleans. Everything about Brocato's is perfection. If it's too cold for ice cream, my top picks are their cherry or apple turnovers, an eclair, or a cream puff - but everything is delicious. Literally, I have never tasted better ice cream.

1  Thank Hazel R
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We read great reviews of this place and were not disappointed. The strawberry cheesecake ice cream may be the best my husband and I have ever tasted. We returned the next day and purchased cannolis, which had been highly recommended, but we were a tad disappointed in them. We will definitely return every time we visit NOLA.

2  Thank goodwaterbetty
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great place to get a nice gelato or some great Italian cookies.I loved everything about it.It gets crowded at night so dome early and have a great time

1  Thank karenfilos
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Brocoto's is always a must stop place to visit while in New Orleans. The best Gelato in the south, lemon and strawberry ice to die for and the best strawberry gelato on the planet! Try the Rum BaBa's, Prussian's and Napoleon's from the bakery, OMG!!! This place is a Natrional Treasure.

1  Thank Shadowit