“Gem in the Quarter”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

KMgibbs
London, United Kingdom
“Gem in the Quarter”
Reviewed September 13, 2015 for a stay in September 2015
people found this review helpful

What a fantastic condo, exactly what I was looking for and more importantly, what I needed.

I have to say the secret address thing did put me off a bit but I am so glad I took the chance as I couldn't of picked a better location if I had known the address.

It isn't a large apartment, really only suitable to a couple or two couples who know each other really well. I normally stay in hotel suites and this was about the same size and more importantly the same facilities. Key for me and the time of year was central air (air con to us in the UK). NOLA is really hot in September and I needed the high-tec NEST thermostat to keep the accommodate at the perfect temperature. Wifi was fine (21st century after all) as the TV channels package for when it was bucketing down and I was hiding from a storm. Great period furniture which added to the FQ feel of the place.

The Agent was great and really responsive to email and even popped over at one point to point me to the bathroom light switch when I couldn't find it!

There is a stove, microwave and fridge freezer in a lounge kitchen, but who cooks in New Orleans! The Fridge freeze was large and able to accommodate a good shopping trip although I just used it to store my vodka.

You are 5 mins walk from Bourbon street and great access to the quarter from the Canal street side. Nice quite street but not isolated so felt I was in a safe area.

No really downside for me, it was perfect. Getting there by taxi was easy, getting a taxi after that was a problem as they didn't come passed that often. I found Uber to be the fix and would be my suggestion for speedy transport, otherwise a short walk to a local hotel to get them to hail you one.

Booking for next year (if they will have me!)

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: working out the key safe / Lack of safe on site
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing