“great food, great service”

Grand Isle Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Grand Isle Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 1,980 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Fulton St & Convention Center Blvd
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Swordfish in chili butter done just right with broccoli and red potatoes. Not a heavy meal, just right. Great atmosphere and attentive, friendly service.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The service was awesome, waiter was very accomodating with our 2 yr old. Wife had some shrimp pasta and I had the house made gator/pork sausage. I think mine was better than hers. Not bad.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a tough town for restaurant owners, they have to be so good to shine. Grand Isle is a good restaurant, but in a sea of great restaurants it is nothing special. I had a very nice swordfish dish and some oysters last night and everything was just fine. The fish as fresh, it had a very nice chile butter treatment..good. The bar is nice, the raw bar is good, and the staff is experienced, so why the luke warm feeling? This is New Orleans, there are great restaurants on every corner, this is not great..very good in many ways but with so many better choices I am not sure that I will go back. Put this place in the midwest it would kill, but here it is just another decent place to eat.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We asked the doorman at our hotel (Lowes) to recommend a good restaurant within walking distance. He asked what kind of food we wanted and when we said Fish, he recommended the Grand Isle Restaurant. How right he was!! The food, wine and service were excellent. The atmosphere was very pleasing. We will be visiting Grand Isle on our next trip.
Juli Erickson

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My hubby and I did not want to go far for a quick bite and found Grand Isle. Great location in a quaint area of the Central Business District with shops and restaurants near Riverwalk, Harrahs, and the area where the Cruise Ships board near the Convention Center. Grand Isle is a great place to go for drinks and a meal when you want to meet friends or just eat. We had oysters on the half shell (fantastic!), gumbo (yum!), and had to split the fried seafood platter that contained oysters, shrimp, catfish, stuffed crab, fries, and cole slaw. We could not finish it all. And, of course, I had to have my red wine even though I should drink white wine with fish - lol. It was great too. Too stuffed to try desert. Just great. Try it for that causal evening when you want a good bite to eat.