“Take the Cemetery Tour”

60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Take the Cemetery Tour”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My guide was Will Norris - and he such an interesting and engaging guide. We went to the St. Louis cemetery and he had a lot of interesting points (especially concerning the Yellow Fever epidemics!) offered for consideration - making New Orleans history seem tangible. The tour was on the Feast of All Saints Day. In New Orleans, that is a day when families and friends visit their relatives or dearly departmed. As expected there were some families and friends in the cemetery - but Will knew some of these gracious people! I felt very welcome and fortunate to gain from Will's experince and that of Frank (anotehr tour guide).

Highly recommended!!!

Visited November 2012

Salem, Virginia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Definitely take this tour!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We took the Cemetary & Voodoo Tour after it was recommended to us by a friend who had taken it on her visit. What a fantastic tour! Our guide was wonderful and very courteous. So much wonderful information without it being overwhelming or tedious. The time flew by.
We visited Priestess Miriam, the voodoo priestess, at the conclusion of our tour and it was truly an impressive experience. She is so sweet and happy and very, very knowledgeable.

New Castle, Indiana
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“who knew?”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This tour company was recommended by Frommer's. We had Glenn as our guide, he was extremely knowledgeable, and was somewhat cautionary about taking pictures at the Church, the cemetary, and being around the Voodoo Priestess (which was correct). I think in his effort to remind us to be respectful it quashed some of the tour participants asking questions. It was very hot, but had we waited one more day, it would have been much cooler weather! :) I learned a great deal about the stops we made along the tour and we never would have know otherwise. It was the tour I wanted to do, I would do it again!! A definite must do in NOLA!!

Biloxi, Mississippi
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Scandalously fun!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The scandalous cocktail tour was a ton of fun! Cool bars, cool stories, new and interesting drinks! Rebecca was our guide and she was knowledgeable and adorable. I will definitely go back to the bars we visited!

New Orleans, Louisiana
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“This local resident (playing tourist) loved it!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I took out-of-town guests on this tour of St. Louis Cemetery #1, and everyone loved it. The guide was very knowledgeable, and we learned a great deal...very interesting as well. My best advice is to take the morning tour if you're going in the warmer months (we were there in October - still very hot). I would do this one again.