Hotel Royal
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$238
$199
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
$372
$328
Waldorf.com
  • Restaurant
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
$344
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$250
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$363
$287
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$374
$319
$265
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsno elevatorgreat locationfrench quarterpetite rooma ground floor roombourbon streetroyal sthear everythinghistoric buildingrooms are smallquaint hotelbeautiful courtyardcontinental breakfastcafe dujackson squareyogurthousekeeping staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Royal. My SO didn't appreciate as much as me (found the place small and old), but I loved it. A coffee machine in the room would be a great addition. Ask a room on a lower level if you have any condition : the stairs are something.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Khalie
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Came in late after partying all day at jazzfest (left luggage there earlier in the day prior to check-in). staff was great to get us set up and very friendly. Good location for alot of action. We had a balcony and sat out there for dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Our wedding group stayed here for our wedding in May 2014. The hotel is so unique. Each room is different, traditional bones with modern furnishings and interior. Very beautiful and your really get the classic New Orleans feel you are looking for. Our group LOVED the hotel for so many reasons- it is small and intimate, the location is convenient to many local attractions, reasonable pricing, very clean and updated, free wifi, and the customer service was UNBELIEVABLE. They treated us like royalty. We plan on going back very soon and will always come back to this hotel. Book it, you won't regret it! We can't say enough about Hotel Royal!

Room Tip: Beware that with an old building comes some downsides-you get a lot of noise but a lot of character.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I do not usually write scathing reviews but this place deserves it. Ok it's in an old historic building right in the middle of the Big Easy. What a let down. The only saving grace are the staff who are very friendly and helpful. So what is wrong?
1. The small rooms?
2. Lack of any breakfast facility?
3. No elevator to the upper floors?
4. No refrigerator in the room?
5. No car parking?

No all these are just an inconvenience, the real issue is the place absolutely stinks of fried food and pretty poor greasy fried food as well. The hotel backs onto a cafe the staff told me and when the cafe is busy the smell permeates the rooms in the hotel. I have never ever stayed in a place that is so unhealthy. The smell was SO bad we had to ask to move rooms which to the credit of the staff they did and moved us to a balcony room. This was considerably smaller than the previous room and smelled a bit better BUT I can ( it's 11pm) smell that awful smell and I can't sleep.

Both the rooms we have tried have got the most noisy AC I have ever come across. When it starts up it's like living in a wind tunnel. I am thirsty and there is no water left in the room nor glasses to drink it from. First thing in the morning I am checking out and if I can't find somewhere better I am flying out with a wrecked vacation. Thank you Royal Hotel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank James O
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed here twice. The rooms definitely vary in terms of size. The first time I was in a spacious room, the second time I felt like I was in a closet. The bathrooms were nicely remodeled. It's a quiet place with charm, very close to everything in the Quarter. Also, the staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: I went during an extremely busy time & the price was amazingly high for what you get. Be aware that there is no elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends