“The Hot Tub was Great!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Royal Street Courtyard
Ranked #40 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Montgomery, AL
Reviewed April 25, 2006

Stayed: April 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Coupeville, Whidbey Island, Washington
Reviewed April 12, 2006

My wife and I selected the Royal Street Courtyard from an on line ad, having had no previous contacts in New Orleans. We needed short term accomodations near, but not in, the French Quarter, and were not interested in a hotel.We were so fortunate. It is very obvious that Phillip Lege and David Smith worked very hard to make sure that we were happy and comfortable. The building is beautiful, the rooms exquisite and the attention to every detail unsurpassed.
Much of the New Orleans charm is in the neighborhoods and such a pleasure it was to view the city life from the balcony of this beautiful mansion. The room price is moderate. I will recommend this wonderful B & B whenever I can.

oklahoma city
Reviewed April 3, 2006

Just spent 4 great nights at this B&B near the Quarter. Philip & David were excellant hosts and made us feel at ease and comfortable in their lovely, 2 story historic home. They went the extra mile towards making our stay one we will not long forget. The room was great and the hot tub was a welcome relief from a day of walking. We will definitely return there as the quiet and ambiance was a welcome change from the noise and commercialism in the Quarter or on Canal st.

• Stayed: April 2006
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 28, 2006

I went to New Orleans recently for a conference and rather than stay in a conference's preferred hotel, I decided to find a pet-friendly place that was more reasonable. Much to my surprise, not only did I find those things but I discovered a conveniently located place with a great atmosphere and great hosts. The next time I head out to New Orleans, I will definintely stay at here.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2006

The hosts, Phillip and David, were very gracious and always helpful and friendly. Their place, is in a lovely area of New Orleans, away from the loudness of Bourbon Street area but close enough to stroll down there if you chose to. The walk to the quarter from their B&B is so full of different homes and shops and restaurants to look at. Rates are very reasonable, coffee in the morning is above average, and the home is very charming. When you walk in for the first time or are arriving back to their place from being out, you feel so comfortable and safe. Very clean too! Quiet neighborhood - highly recommended. I will stay there again as soon as I can get back to New Orleans.

3  Thank AMRHoustonTexas
California
Reviewed February 23, 2006

I stayed here in early August 2005, and I'm so glad I did. I'm pleased to hear that there wasn't too much damage to the Royal Street CoI basically have to agree with everything that has already been written. Philip and David are such wonderful hosts, they go way beyond what is even expected from some of the best B&Bs. For example, we were staying in one room for the day, and they came by just to check on things in the room and to chit chat. Apparently, the air conditioner wasn't quite up to snuff (I didn't even really notice, since temperatures were quite high back home). So they switched us into a different (and more costly) room with a better air conditioner, for no charge. They are so helpful as well; if you are curious where to get a good drink, cheap sightseeing, anything, just ask.

The continental breakfast was self service and absolutely lovely (especially compared to most!). Everything you need to get started. The location is great in the Faubourg Marigny. It's just as cute (if not cuter) than in the French Quarter, and you won't have to pay $20+ per night for parking. Down on Frenchmen Street is some of the best music; great restaurants in the area as well. The quarter is maybe a 10-15 minute walk away, when you want to go do that.

I know that a lot has changed in the city as a whole, so I don't know how that affects this review. But this visit (my second to the city) really is what made me fall in love with the city. I look forward to visiting soon, and when I do, I'll definitely be staying at this B&B again.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Peru, IN
Reviewed October 19, 2005

My wife and I stayed for just over a week during French Quarter Fest. We couldn't have asked for better service! Whether they were bringing a corkscrew and wine glasses to the beautiful front porch or leaving a nearby party to jump-start our car, they were GREAT!!! Our room was comfy and clean, breakfast was quick and flexible. We couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed: April 2005