“Love Love Love”

Ranked #21 of 139 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Perth
“Love Love Love”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Maison Perrier BnB and we were just so impressed. I was so looking forward to our stay here and it was everything we hoped it would be. Our check in with Tom the owner was so thorough and he was really informative of the area and gave us a map so we could get our bearings.

The house itself was just too adorable. The furniture was so lovely and we were so happy when we received a free upgrade to a different room! The house was gorgeous and every day we walked out of our room to find freshly made brownies and cakes that you could help yourself too! We were made a fresh home cooked breakfast every morning which was lovely. The owners were friendly and personably however not intrusive like some BnB’s. You are left to have your own space and virtually don’t need to see anyone else if you don’t want too!

The area is just gorgeous and the BnB is a 2 minute walk to the Cable Car stop!! Its costs about $1 and drops you right in the heart of the town and Bourbon street so just perfect.

Cannot fault our stay here and would absolutely love to return! Such a nice touch to our stay in New Orleans, highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HMM23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed August 23, 2013

With my daughter going to Tulane, I've made a number of trips to New Orleans and decided on this trip to do something different and stay in a B&B in an area other than the French Quarter. This inn is about 2 miles from Tulane, conveniently located about 3 blocks from St. Charles and the streetcar. I had a rental car and this is a very safe area with ample free parking. I arrived and was greeted by Tom, who showed me around and offered a welcome drink and snacks. The inn is in two buildings; I stayed in the main house and was in the Clair room. Not a huge room, but very nicely appointed and extremely quiet. There were lots of extra special touches, both in my room and in the inn--providing all the elements of a great B&B. Free wireless internet, cable t.v., cooked breakfast--and best of all, an honor bar complete with a great selection of wines and Abita beer on tap. Friday and Saturday nights they have a happy hour with complimentary beverages and a great selection of cheeses--unfortunately, I was the only one to show up, but had a great converation with Patricia, the owner and a former reporter, who was just lovely. Although the inn was supposedly fully booked, I saw few other visitors and felt like I had the house to myself. Great common space, and lots to see and experience. So much nicer than a standard hotel room and in a great area of New Orleans. Both the owners are also major foodies, and had great recommendations for a variety of restaurants. I will definitely be back to enjoy this lovely place.

Room Tip: A room in the main building allows easy access to the breakfast area and beverage area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fridaysmom
Albany, NY
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here most recently by myself for 5 nights. It was homey, comfortable and the perfect resting place between work obligations and visiting family. Although alone, I didn't feel lonely because all the staff members were so friendly, yet without being intrusive. If I just wanted to read the morning paper, they let me do that. If I felt like talking, they were more than happy to engage.

For the same price as that paid by my colleagues at the conference hotel, I received one-on-one guidance on getting around the city, access to a wonderful balcony with rocking chairs, free Wifi, excellent breakfasts, honor bar, happy hour on Friday and Saturday, snacks 24/7, a peaceful neighborhood away from the Bourbon St. craziness, and access to books games and puzzles. I stopped questioning my decision to stay a few miles from the conference action the moment I walked through the door. The commute to the CBD by both bus and streetcar was easy and felt perfectly safe.

I stayed in the main house this trip, and have stayed in the Marengo St. house in the past. The main house is a little more noisy because of the common spaces and the breakfast sounds in the morning. Nothing disruptive, but if you need silence or are staying during very busy times, you might want to request a room in the Marengo St. house.

It was great to have the common areas and honor bar to hang out with relatives who swung by from Baton Rouge to see me. Everything was so comfortable that my relatives are likely to stay at Maison Perrier the next time they visit New Orleans!

The "substitute innkeeper," Ralph, was in charge for part of my stay. He was gracious and helpful, in the Maison Perrier tradition. Even though the owner, Tom, was away on a vacation of his own, he gave me his cell phone number and told me to call any time with questions. That's dedication!

I will never stay anywhere else in New Orleans as long as a room is available at Maison Perrier.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Librarian1998
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Tomorrow I wrap up my fourth visit to Maison Perrier and my second time working for the St. Bernard Project. I love this place! The new Abby room is fantastic. I'm a vegan so having a little kitchenette in New Orleans is perfect and the "cottage" is beautifully appointed and so comfortable that I don't want to leave.

Tom and Patricia are the hosts we all want to emulate and their staff is first rate. I've stayed in a few B&Bs and no one does hospitality as well as Maison Perrier. I will always visit New Orleans and I will always stay here.

It's a couple of blocks to the streetcar, a couple more to the veranda at The Columns Hotel, and a nice walk down to the shops, galleries, and restaurants of Magazine Street. If you need information just ask because Tom and Patricia know *everything.*

Thanks ya'll for another great visit! It wouldn't be New Orleans for me without you and your wonderful inn.

Room Tip: If you're a vegan traveler then ask for the Irene or Abby rooms. Both have kitchens and both are...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Sheryl P
Forney, TX
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is our second stay at the Maison Perrier. We love this place. Great location, easy walk to the street car, great breakfast, fantastic room, wonderful hosts. Great house with old world charm. Thanks for making our stay great!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Jeremy W
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We booked the Maison Perrier for a 3 day trip to New Orleans, as part of a 2 week US tour.

Upon arrival, we knew we’d made a great choice. The building is basically large, beautiful wooden house in the middle-class residential suburbs of the city. It felt a very safe area, and the host, Tom, immediately made us feel very welcome with a glass of complementary beer (kitchen has a keg of very nice amber ale) and wine. There’s free brownies/cake too available at any hour of the day.

The house is very natural and cosy; it felt like we were staying at somebody’s house (which I suppose we were). Tom sat us down and gave us a quick run-through of the building and the area; just enough to inform us, but not too much as to bombard us. He even offered us the option of a free upgrade to the bungalow outside the house, which we decided to take, even though the room we’d booked looked great too. He even explained that there could be noise from the building work being done on the premises; there never was any noise, but Tom's warning demonstrated the Maison Perrier’s attention to detail and naturally great service.

The house is perfectly placed to explore New Orleans; you have the peace of the suburbs, but can easily access the French Quarter by one of the city’s iconic trams (nearest stop about a 5 minute walk from the house, through a safe area). It’s also possible to walk into the French Quarter via Magazine Street, which takes maybe an hour, but well worth it (good shops and eateries). We also walked to Lafayette Cemetery (about 25 minute walk), and the Commander’s Palace Restaurant. We’re pleased we stayed here rather than a chain hotel in the French Quarter.

The breakfasts are very nice also; a different option every morning; freshly cooked, with fruit and good strong coffee available.

Last but not least, if you are unfortunate enough as I was to leave your wallet in the room at the Maison Perrier, it will get posted safely back to you, on the other side of the world!!

Thanks Tom and Patricia.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dkveg
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a beautiful house and the welcome could not be more friendly. This was fabulous place to stay in every way, from the quality of the rooms down to all the aspects of superb service throughout the day

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple