“above and beyond”

Ranked #24 of 139 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Boise, Idaho
“above and beyond”
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I am sorry to say I only spent one night at this B and B. Chef Will and Loren really know what it takes to make their guests happy. First of all the house is spectacular and the landscaping is coming along nicely and combined with the outdoor pool I don't think you could find anything more comfortable and peaceful. I did not get to try breakfast as I had to leave very early, but Will prepared a to-go box for me with brownies, bread, fruit and pralines that I was snacking on all day. I don't even want to know what I missed by not staying for a full meal. The room I stayed in though small (but perfect for one person) had the most comfortable bed you could ask for and everything was spotless. The best part is how you are treated. Both Will and Loren showed a genuine interest in how my trip was going and in making my stay as pleasant as they could make it. They seemed very happy to interact with their guests as much as the guest wishes. I even received a follow up note once I got home thanking me for my stay. I put in hours of research to find the perfect place to stay in New Orleans to get a feel for the city and be close to everything. I believe I was successful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Winston_Orvis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
London, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2011

William and Loren have created a wonderful Bed & Breakfast with Maison de Macarty. The house is absolutely beautiful and they have put lovely touches throughout the house to make your stay feel both comfortable and pampered at the same time. William created delicious masterpieces each morning and left out the best oatmeal raisin cookies we've ever had as an afternoon treat. They are both so welcoming and hospitable. We arrived several hours early and were welcomed with open arms, fresh coffee, tea and almond cake. Our room was ready for us. We had an amazing room with the private balcony at the front of the house. They have clearly gone to a lot of effort to restore this home and to make a relaxing getaway for their guests. It has paid off. Both William and Loren were also very knowledgable about the city and its history and made great recommendations for sightseeing and restaurants. We can't make to come back for another visit. Thank you to both William and Loren for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovestravelling2008
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 7, 2011

This is a fabulous spot to enjoy and incredible city that is still getting its legs under it. Made reservations in December for the weekend of a friend's 70th birthday. The party was held there on a Saturday night. The setting was intimate and fun and the food was out of this world- as it was the entire stay. Will and Loren are attentive to detail and have created a space from which you can launch yourself for a full day of fun or hunker down in to rest and rejuvinate.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank AustinDel
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Will and Loren have done a beautiful job in renovating this historic house and making it a comfortable, welcoming home. The location is great.....not too near the noisy French Quarter but close enough to walk. The bedrooms were cosy and delightful.....I don't think I've ever slept in a more comfortable bed. The hosts were extremely friendly, and ever helpful in guiding us to interesting places and events in and around New Orleans. Last, but definitely not least, Will's breakfasts were awesome...each one more of a gourmet treat than the last. I cannot recommend Maison de Macarty highly enough. We will definitely return!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mvtraveler87
LA
Reviewed January 8, 2011

We were so lucky that we stumbled upon this place. We came in for one night on new years, it was so refreshing to get out of the quarter and away from the tourists. Upon arriving on this old stunning home, we were greeted with a chilled bottle of champagne which we pleasantly enjoyed by the koi pond. Our room was picture perfect and extremely cozy, with a bed that was absolutely heavenly - perfect for our post New Years eve fatigue.
Breakfast was included, a gourmet experience. The hosts were perfectly friendly and welcoming.
We will absolutely be back, and happily spread the word. I highly recommend this hidden B&B.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank natalilly111
Carnesville, Georgia
Reviewed December 2, 2010

We came to New Orleans for the first time, not knowing anybody in town. As soon as we walked through the door at Maison de Macarty, greeted by Chef Will with a plate of pralines, we felt completely at home. The hosts are some of the warmest folks you'll ever meet, and Chef Will's breakfasts and treats are exquisite. We felt very lucky to have stumbled onto such a wonderful place to stay in New Orleans. These truly special accomodations gave a rosy glow to the entire trip. And the cannonball bed in Room 5 . . . there's nothing like it. Also, we were on foot for the weekend and the French Quarter was only a pleasant walk away in the evening and short taxi ride back later on. The Bywater neighborhood is eclectic and lively. I can't recommend the Maison de Macarty more highly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Chef Will and partner Loren made our stay great with all the little details.
From the afternoon cookies to the fantastic breakfasts.

The Maison itself was great. The pool out back nice and relaxing.
The grounds are well done and lush.

We know where we'll be staying on our next visit to New Orleans.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple