“Great B&B with true New Orleans flare”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
La Maison Marigny B&B on Bourbon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
East Quogue, New York
“Great B&B with true New Orleans flare”
Reviewed May 12, 2004

My husband and I just returned from a lovely stay at La Maison Marigny. Our host, John, made us feel so at home. Our room was so beautifully decorated and comfortable and all the "extras" - shampoo, toothpaste, breakfast, snacks, drinks...added to our enjoyment. John spent time with us each morning giving us great advice and tips on what to do for the day, where to eat. The location is very central and within walking distance to most things. Because of this we felt that our stay at La Maison Marigny and how we choose to spend our time gave us a true feel for life in New Orleans. I would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed May 8, 2004

I write this on my last day in New Orleand and at La Maison Marigny. It has been a beautiful trip in large port thanks to this B&B and to the hosts. I enjoyed being able to safely walk everywhere from 1400 Bourbon. Three blocks to the market and the new Canal Streetcar line's Esplanade station, too. Everything is so easy to get to.

Our room has been very comfortable and fabulously decorated. I wish had the "touch" like these guys do.

Thanks, John & Dewy, Will see you again in 2005!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 27, 2004

my husband and i had a delightful, albeit short, 2-day stay at la maison. john is a consummate host and wonderful waffle chef. the location can't be beat -- close enough to enjoy walking through fabourg marigny and the quarter, but far enough from from the noise. we will definitely stay there again when we visit new orleans.

• Stayed April 2004
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 26, 2004

This B&B was great...from the delightful feel and decorations, to the wonderful host, to the location, it just can't be beat. Situated on Bourbon St., but several blocks brom the noise and excitement, one is close enough to enjoy the fun, but still far enough away for peace and quiet. Considering that the eateries and clubs on Frenchman St. are also only a few blocks away, you just can't have a better location. With the B&B's beautiful courtyard, cozy rooms, and the fresh baked muffins every morning, waking up here was the perfect accent to our stay. I would highly recomend this B&B for anyone planning a trip to New Orleans.

Reviewed April 24, 2004

I never leave reviews for places I have stayed, but for this place, I could not resist. It is wonderful!! I recently traveled to New Orleans for business and found the hospitality and accommodations at La Maison to be top notch! John and his staff are wonderful and truly go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and right at home. They offered advice on places to eat, things to do, etc. Thank you for a wonderful time!!