“Such an awesome experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
La Maison Marigny B&B on Bourbon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed just this weekend. The location is premium, and quiet. The house is beautifully decorated and the rooms are clean. John is a great cook, and prepares wonderful hot breakfasts each morning. He takes clear pride in the B&B and the city as a whole. He helps you figure out anything you need help with. Our anniversary weekend turned out very romantic! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at La Maison Marigny from August 1st to the 6th and were very pleased with both the location and service. John absolutely spoiled us with the fabulous breakfasts!! It was very hot outside but the house was cool and comfortable. It is beautifully decorated and was an enjoyable place to be during down time. It is located close to everything in the French Quarter but on the quiet side of Bourbon so it was not noisy when we wanted to relax and get some sleep. John was very accommodating and I would highly recommend this B & B to anyone coming to New Orleans!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank iknbrgr
Reviewed August 7, 2013

When my friends (4 couples total) and I decided to attend Essence Festival over 4th of July weekend, I searched for a place that would offer a great location, great service, comfortable common areas and great hospitality. After doing some research, I came across La Maison Marigny, read Trip Advisor reviews and decided that this was the perfect place for the group. We reserved the entire house (all 4 rooms) and we truly felt like we had a private home for our own enjoyment.

Host: John is an AMAZING host. He is very knowledgeable, patient, kind and funny as hell! He makes the best chocolate chips cookies (welcome treat) as well as some of the best breakfast dishes I've ever had. Who doesn't want to wake up to the smell of delicious HOMEMADE breakfast every morning??? The best part is that it was included in the stay, as well as some additional snacks for our own enjoyment. John was always available when we needed him. He truly seems to enjoy people PERIOD. He makes breakfast daily, chats and gets out of your way (not that sweet John could ever be in anyone's way LOL). I love JOHN!

Location: The B&B is located on the quiet end of Bourbon and close to bars, restaurants and shops. If you aren't into walking, you can take taxis for very little to nearby bars and restaurants.

B&B decor: John spared no expense in decorating this place. From the drapery to the furniture to the floors and other decor - all TOP NOTCH. My husband and I stayed in the front balcony room and LOVED it. All of the rooms are a nice size, very comfortable and clean. Although the balcony room faces the street, but was not overly noisy. All of the other couples were quite pleased with their accommodations as well. The courtyard is super cute and we enjoyed sitting outside and chatting. Kitchen is amazing with up-to-date appliances. Cleaning crew comes in daily and they are sweet and honest people as well.

Bottom Line: If you want a reasonably priced place to stay with the perfect set-up and the perfect host...book now!

John, thank you for taking care of my group. We'll certainly be back!!

Room Tip: Get an upper level room.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

If you want to wake up to hot coffee, a delicious and filling breakfast and a witty tour guide, this is your place. John knows every site to see, every place to eat (and drink) and even where to get a haircut. And he is a great storyteller.

The location is perfect, on the quiet end of Bourbon St. We were able to park our car and walk everywhere. I loved the period appropriate decor and the back courtyard. My husband liked to people watch from the front porch rocker. The rooms are clean with all the amenities you would want and the beds are very comfortable. I saw three of the guest rooms and they were all gorgeous. I even have my room picked out for my next visit!

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Planning my first trip to New Orleans, I was a little overwhelmed at where to stay. I chose this B & B because of the reviews, and they were certainly right! My expectations were exceeded. Despite my initial reservations regarding the location, my partner and I felt perfectly safe walking and exploring during the day and night. The area was very close to the French Quarter without the chaos. The proximity to Frenchmen Street can't be beat as it was definitely a highlight of our trip! The house is historic and beautifully kept. And like the rest of the reviews, John is awesome!! John was a tremendous help in answering questions, giving wonderful recommendations (restaurants were excellent!), tasty breakfasts, and making us feel comfortable and right at home. He also has great stories and tidbits - we really enjoyed talking with him!

In short, this is a fabulous place to stay - great location, great host, and great room. Highly recommended and would stay again without hesitation! Already looking forward to another trip to this wonderful city.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Balcony room, which overlooked the quieter part of Bourbon Street. Beautifully deco...
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Staying at La Maison Marigny was the perfect experience! John was a fantastic host. He was incredibly knowledgeable about New Orleans, interesting, funny, and helpful. The location of the B&B could not have been better. It is steps from the French Quarter, just a couple of blocks from the Frenchman Street area, and an easy walk to Magazine Street. We stayed in the beautifully decorated owner's suite. It is the only room on the first floor and perfect for those who often come in late at night. Also, located next to the kitchen, perfect for those who like to wake up to the smell of a delicious breakfast cooking. The atmosphere at La Maison Marigny is very laid back. I would recomment it to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at La Maison mid June and had a fantastic stay.

John is a wonderful host as all reviews attest to - so I won't go on here, only to say all of his suggestions were great and breakfasts were delicious.

LOCATION - when we told people we were on Bourbon street, most people looked in terror however, this location is perfect. Location is a big thing for us in our travels and I don't think you would want to be anywhere else in the French District.

ROOM - very clean with great furnishings. We had a balcony queen, whilst in this room you may hear the occasional groups walking the streets at night we found this was the only thing that detracts from the room, the balcony more than makes up for this it.

It was very hard to fault our stay here, I do try and cover off good and bad in my reviews which hasn't been easy. Our only small things I could even think of again probably are more room related, we had the occasional issue using the keys for our door and the wifi connection in areas of the room was very low to drop out, but it is also the furthest point from the connection, all other places in the house were no issues.

We were on Bourbon street Saturday night and it was crazy, so busy and so much fun. New Orleans is a fantastic city, try a cooking class and swamp tour, we also ate at Muriel's which was one of the better experiences we have had on this American trip. If we ever manage to make the trip back from Australia as I hope we can at some stage, I know I won't need to research accom in NOLA, I will be contacting John immediately.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple