“Perfect!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
La Maison Marigny B&B on Bourbon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Perfect!!!”
Reviewed March 1, 2004

Wow.....what a perfect three days and nights! And what a perfect place to stay for those days and nights. From the moment we walked in to La Maison Marigny, John made us feel like old friends coming for a visit a their beautiful home. It was my second visit to New Orleans and my wife's first. John gave us great recommendations on places to see and restaurants to eat fantastic food. We were even lucky enough to meet 3 other couples from Texas, staying at the BandB. We had great time going to dinner together at a great out of the way restaurant that John recommended. And shared a few drinks inn the cozy sitting room overlooking the courtyard. Thank you John for making our trip one that we will remember forever!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed February 25, 2004

We often stay in B&Bs and found La Maison Marigny to be one of the best yet. Not a "grand mansion" but a cute, comfortable house where needs have been anticipated in advance. I loved the high speed internet to check e-mail, the fun breakfast conversation and the gorgeous rooms.
It's my new home in "N'Awlins"!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Calgary, AB Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2004

La Maison Marigny was home-away-from-home for my girlfriends and I for five days at the end of January. This lovely, well-appointed B&B is in a great location on a quiet section of Bourbon Street, close to the French Quarter, but away from the hustle and bustle of the noisy night scene. One friend enjoyed her morning runs from the B&B. At the end of a hectic day, it was most relaxing to sit in the sitting area gazing out at a lovely-lit courtyard. I can only imagine how nice it would be to sit out there on a balmy warm night.John Dewy, our host was most hospitable and knowledgeable about a variety of entertainment and cultural events. He helped us choose from the myriad of options available. Our morning chats were enjoyable, and we learned a lot about New Orleans, Mardi Gras and gained some insights into the American psyche. John also graciously packed and mailed some items to me that I had left behind.There is so much to see, do and eat in New Orleans, even for those not into the barhopping scene. Highlights included the West Bank Plantation Tour offered by ?Tours by Isabelle?, which covered the Laura and Oak Alley Plantations. Our 3-hour cooking class at the New Orleans School of Cooking was fun and informative, and was a fantastic opportunity to sample Creole cooking at its best. Live jazz at Snug Harbor where we heard Delfeayo Marsalis and his band, capped our get-away reunion. Bring good walking shoes, as New Orleans is a city for walking.

3 Thank travelerandfoodie
Central Texas
Reviewed February 16, 2004

As always, John made my husband and our guests feel right at home.
Rooms redecorated since our last visit and were better than ever. The arrangements made at a "local" restaurant were right on. And the personal touch at Mardi Gras will be a great memory. Great location--just hate to see it become popular, as then we may have to find another place when we can't get in.

Reviewed February 6, 2004

What a wonder 2nd experience I had last month at La Maison Marigny Bed and Breakfast! Since I last visited the B&B, John and Dewey(owners) have redecorated and made a wonderful B&B even better! I actually got some tips for my own home. Just as last time John was there to greet me upon my arrival in his warm cheery southern way. It was so nice to feel welcome and invited after a stressful flight down. This place has so much going for it. From its clean and fresh appearance to waking up to the wonderful smell of Johns fresh baked muffins of the day! This is truly a (5 Star) B&B. As a flight attendant for 18 years with a major airline, I have stayed in thousands of hotel rooms and many Bed and Breakfast Inns around the world. I know good customer service when I see it and appreciate the fact that there are people out there like John and Dewey that strive to continue this long forgotten way. La Maison Marigny! What a Gem! M.B. Soileau Washington, DC.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 19, 2004

We visit New Orleans often and have stayed here several times. The house was lovely before recent renovations, but now it is really exquisite. Our favorite room is the balcony room overlooking the quiet end of Bourbon Street. The location is great - close to the French Quarter plus all the restaurants and nightlife on Frenchmen Street.
John & Dewey are wonderful hosts and go out of their way to make sure your stay is comfortable & enjoyable. I've recommended La Maison Marigny many times, and will continue to do so.

• Stayed September 2003
Reviewed January 17, 2004

I stay here every time that I'm back in New Orleans. The location's close to everything, but away from the drunks (well, the other drunks, at least).

The owners make you feel that you're staying in their house, and service is outstanding. I'd stay there just for the breakfast, quite honestly. The rooms are furnished perfectly as well.

And finally, the price is competitive, which is great. What else could you ask for?

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member