“A Lucky Find!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Maison Marigny B&B on Bourbon

We can't find prices for this accommodation
La Maison Marigny B&B on Bourbon
You added La Maison Marigny B&B on Bourbon to your Saves list
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Red Bluff, California
“A Lucky Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

If you want to wake up to hot coffee, a delicious and filling breakfast and a witty tour guide, this is your place. John knows every site to see, every place to eat (and drink) and even where to get a haircut. And he is a great storyteller.

The location is perfect, on the quiet end of Bourbon St. We were able to park our car and walk everywhere. I loved the period appropriate decor and the back courtyard. My husband liked to people watch from the front porch rocker. The rooms are clean with all the amenities you would want and the beds are very comfortable. I saw three of the guest rooms and they were all gorgeous. I even have my room picked out for my next visit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karen S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Planning my first trip to New Orleans, I was a little overwhelmed at where to stay. I chose this B & B because of the reviews, and they were certainly right! My expectations were exceeded. Despite my initial reservations regarding the location, my partner and I felt perfectly safe walking and exploring during the day and night. The area was very close to the French Quarter without the chaos. The proximity to Frenchmen Street can't be beat as it was definitely a highlight of our trip! The house is historic and beautifully kept. And like the rest of the reviews, John is awesome!! John was a tremendous help in answering questions, giving wonderful recommendations (restaurants were excellent!), tasty breakfasts, and making us feel comfortable and right at home. He also has great stories and tidbits - we really enjoyed talking with him!

In short, this is a fabulous place to stay - great location, great host, and great room. Highly recommended and would stay again without hesitation! Already looking forward to another trip to this wonderful city.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Balcony room, which overlooked the quieter part of Bourbon Street. Beautifully deco...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Staying at La Maison Marigny was the perfect experience! John was a fantastic host. He was incredibly knowledgeable about New Orleans, interesting, funny, and helpful. The location of the B&B could not have been better. It is steps from the French Quarter, just a couple of blocks from the Frenchman Street area, and an easy walk to Magazine Street. We stayed in the beautifully decorated owner's suite. It is the only room on the first floor and perfect for those who often come in late at night. Also, located next to the kitchen, perfect for those who like to wake up to the smell of a delicious breakfast cooking. The atmosphere at La Maison Marigny is very laid back. I would recomment it to anyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at La Maison mid June and had a fantastic stay.

John is a wonderful host as all reviews attest to - so I won't go on here, only to say all of his suggestions were great and breakfasts were delicious.

LOCATION - when we told people we were on Bourbon street, most people looked in terror however, this location is perfect. Location is a big thing for us in our travels and I don't think you would want to be anywhere else in the French District.

ROOM - very clean with great furnishings. We had a balcony queen, whilst in this room you may hear the occasional groups walking the streets at night we found this was the only thing that detracts from the room, the balcony more than makes up for this it.

It was very hard to fault our stay here, I do try and cover off good and bad in my reviews which hasn't been easy. Our only small things I could even think of again probably are more room related, we had the occasional issue using the keys for our door and the wifi connection in areas of the room was very low to drop out, but it is also the furthest point from the connection, all other places in the house were no issues.

We were on Bourbon street Saturday night and it was crazy, so busy and so much fun. New Orleans is a fantastic city, try a cooking class and swamp tour, we also ate at Muriel's which was one of the better experiences we have had on this American trip. If we ever manage to make the trip back from Australia as I hope we can at some stage, I know I won't need to research accom in NOLA, I will be contacting John immediately.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We highly recommend the La Maison Marigny. John was a gracious host and made us feel at ease from the time we arrived. The room was great and the decor was amazing. We were initially a little concerned with the location being at the end of Bourbon street but the location was perfect and quiet. John's french toast dish for breakfast is to die for!

Room Tip: We had an upstairs end room and it was quiet and very comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
spring hill, tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

La Maison Marigny was the perfect place to stay to experience NOLA and celebrate our 5 year anniversary. It was right around the corner from the hotspots on Frenchman and just a short walk to the bars of Bourbon St. We loved our comfortable, clean balcony room and enjoyed sitting outside in the evenings. The courtyard was also a nice place to relax in the afternoon. We could probably start a John fan club based on all the reviews, but I'll say it again. John is absolutely fantastic and helped make our New Orleans experience very special through his hospitality and willingness to share his insider knowledge and recommendations of things to do, places to eat and see. He also made us a delicious breakfast every morning and kept the coffee going! We always travel on a budget, and this was great value. John even put together a weekday package, which sweetened the deal for us bargain hunters. We will defiantly be back to this wonderful NOLA gem!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank bonrek
Edmonton, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was our 3rd stay in 2 years and as always, simply incredible! We love the location of the B&B and all it has to offer. John is fantastic and always so helpful! Over our 3 stays we have stayed in all 4 rooms. The courtyard view room is probably the quietest.....great for couples like us who enjoy NOLA nightlife. The balcony room is probably our favourite. We loved sitting out there and watching our favourite city go by. The owners suite is lovely, lots of room for two. It is beside the kitchen, so if you are night owls, like us, it can result in an earlier than planned wake up thanks to the awesome smells of Johns cooking and those starting their day early. The middle room is very pretty and bright!
John is an incredible host. Always available to help with anything from dinner recommendations to helping us secure Saints tickets. Enjoy the location, enjoy the courtyard, enjoy the proximity to Bourbon craziness and the great sounds on Frenchman. Have fun!
We can't wait to return. The countdown is on!
J'lyn & Jim
Aka "The Canadians"
Edmonton, Alberta

Room Tip: See above.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple