Hotel St. Helene
$279
$269
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$215
$179
Priceline
  • Restaurant
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Breakfast included
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
$243
$229
Marriott Hotels
$349
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$170
$243
$224
  • Restaurant
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$299
  • Pool
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$158
$152
Hotels.com
$268
$249
  • Pool
All reviewsnapoleon housejackson squaregreat locationfrench quartergarbage truckscourtyard balconyquaint hotelsitting areabed was comfortableinterior roomtwo blockspeople watchingparking garagecafe duquiet at nightbeignetsthe room was nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

We decided to fly to New Orleans instead of driving knew the following weekend had a football game but not this the 17th of Nov and the cheapest hotel in the French Quarter was the Hotel Helene the room and hallways were uneven and nearly fell a few times the room was ok if you like a plain room the cable was out and no extra blanklet thou the nice desk looked for one because l like to sleep on the couch but she habe us a discount for the issues definitely a continental breakfast which was ok because we were eating lunch out now this would not have been my first choice for a hotel related to the rating and my poor room was related to the uneven floors not because it was not clean and the staff was wonderful l called several times asking questions and Neil at night answered all my question and gave suggestions very helpful and the day we checked in Dazz went up and above helpful she saw we were going the wrong way and ran down the street and got us on the right way l wish l could remember the night clerk who helped us out overall all the staff was wonderfully helpful and friendly all interactions we had or saw the air conditioning was loud but it did not brother me or the noise because we was by the front desk but overall good location and for the normal price not the price we had to pay because of the game on Sunday but if you are looking for a reasonable hotel in the French Quarter and wonderful staff Hotel Helene is your place to stay tried to avoid coming during a Footbal game or big event but if you have to this is the most reasonable place to stay

• Stayed: November 2013
Bradley L, Front Office Manager at Hotel St. Helene, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Andypandanashville,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent visit with us at the Hotel Ste. Helene. We are glad you were impressed by our friendly and helpful staff assisting you with anything you needed during your stay. We appreciate your feedback, and rest assured that we will actively work to make sure we exceed your expectations upon your return.
Regards,
Bradley Latham
Guest Services Manager
French Quarter Hotel Collection

Reviewed November 16, 2013

i thought about leaving a "one"... but the room was cute and the location was great...

it was 85 degrees outside this past week in the quarter while we were there..the heat was on in the hotel..no air.. no help from front desk staff for first two nights...we had to put the ceiling fan on "hurricane force" and wedge the door open with one of our suitcases to cool it off..the third night, someone at the front desk finally solved the problem...

we booked a room for 2 people.. two months ago... there was one tiny lotion..one tiny bar of soap...ONE set of towels...probably hard to get the towels since they were delivered to the hotel in huge bags at 9 am by a hung over looking gentleman in a 100 year old buick...as we were standing outside of the lobby....eek...

continental breakfast? we walked to cafe du monde...the continental breakfast looked like gas station food..

.oh...and the piece de resistance...no TV for four days...we inquired everyday..."oh sorry....."

...some of the front staff was nice..there were like 8 different people in four days...but "we don't normally make reservations for clients" at 300 a night is complete BS...

it is a beautiful spot...with potential..but they seriously need to hire a professional hotel management team...BTW..we were not offered a discount at checkout...we had to REQUEST IT!

unless.they refund my stay, I will HAPPILY stay at the W, a few blocks down, as I did on my previous trip...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were recommended St Helene hotel by friends. Whilst the hotel is in a really great position, staff very friendly and helpful, close to Bourbon Street, great restaurants etc we have been really disappointed. Television hasn't worked our whole stay (4 days) which staff gave apologised for and said they would give us a discount. Continental breakfast is well below average to the point where we've ended up going out to eat. Each day I've asked for fresh fruit, once again staff gave apologised saying supplier hasn't had anything worth buying - wouldn't you change suppliers to keep guests happy. Rooms a bit on the poky side with extremely small windows so quite dark. Also gave had to ask daily for water in the room and bathroom refills. Wouldn't stay here again, there are plenty of hotels just as close that have better facilities for same cost.

Room Tip: If you had no choice but to stay here ask for room overlooking pool. If you want 2nd or 3rd story room be prepared for stairs, there are no lifts.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank Joanne Mortimor... M
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband booked this hotel for a surprise birthday trip for me and I was enthralled from the moment we arrived. I love that it is a repurposed building and a landmark. The room was cosy and nicely decorated (love the white and black). We had a balcony room overlooking the pool which was perfect. The pool could use some work though...saw a few cockroaches running around and some of the walls could use a good powerwash.
The hotel is minutes away from great places to eat, shop and stroll by. The service was adequate. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: choose a balcony room if its available...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

IN 20+ TRIPS TO NEW ORLEANS, THIS IS THE WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER RECEIVED!!!
This is the worst place I have ever stayed. It wasn't that the location was that bad, nor nasty, nor cheap. It was the fact that the staff could care less about what was wrong.
First off, I tried to book the room by calling the hotel, and the hotel group on three occasions, and was told that the computer was down. I eventually booked through Hotels.com.
Upon arrival, the air conditioning did not work adequately, not good for anyone in New Orleans. The staff was notified and their response was that it worked well enough, followed by a symposium on how to read the thermostat. I could care less about the reading on the thermostat. If I'm too hot for a top sheet, then the air is not adequate.
The cable was out, when we asked about it, we were told that it was out all over the quarter. This was simply untrue, I can only speculate that the bill was unpaid.
There weren't enough towels, one wash-cloth for two adults, in a hot room in New Orleans without TV.
When all of this was discussed with the young lady at the front desk, she became very confrontational, and proceeded to offend my wife. When she was told that was not ok to deride us, she replied by stating that she allowed to have an opinion and she was "merely stating" her opinion.
I also need to add that the rooms weren't clean either: dust in the bathroom vents, black mold on the vent over the sitting area, and a hole in the ceiling by the ceiling fan.
We stayed only one day of the two I paid for and rented a room in another hotel, which had air conditioning and cable with multiple wash-cloths and towels. The staff acted like they could care less about the fact that we were dissatisfied nor that we were leaving. As of the time of my writing this the second day had not been refunded. Based on my dealings with them so far, I really don't expect them to do what's right.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple