Hotel St. Helene
$159
$136
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$144
$127
$159
$108
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

$170
$158
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$104
$98
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$103
$85
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $97/night.

Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$91
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

$169
  • Pool
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$154
$143
  • Pool
All reviewsnapoleon housejackson squaregreat locationfrench quartercourtyard balconyquaint hotelsitting areabed was comfortableinterior roomtwo blockspeople watchingcafe duparking garagequiet at nightbeignetsthe room was nicechartres
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Called a booking service in India. Upon arrival got room quickly traveling with another couple they got an inside room with no windows! They changed rooms to another with a non working AC. Then changed to another. Ok Lighting terrible. The alcove in room with white leather couch didn't have lamps. Only light on room was from bedside lamps! Bed was so lumpy and soft. Nice bathroom very small but ok. Room rates were high. This is supposed to be low season. An additional charge not disclosed by booking agent of $8.95 for amenities. Assume for t.p.? Internet access not ro.om And since the first of the year NO working elevator!! The owners need to fix these things! Not just give lip service. Parking 25 dollars a day. Too much for too little. Skip this place.

• Stayed: August 2012
General M, Front Office Manager at Hotel St. Helene, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

We are so incredibly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. All of our rooms do have windows but some of them are only into the walkways because of the way the architecture of the building is. Our Courtyard and French Quarter suites do however have doors out to the balcony; we highly recommend for our guest who may want a nicer view to book for these rather than the standard rooms that are available. It seems the staff tried their very best to make sure your friends were as comfortable as possible with moving them to another room because of the windows and rather waiting for someone to come out and fix the A/C we immediately moved them to another room that was cooler to avoid any waiting time. We are currently in the process of getting more lighting for the rooms, again we apologize for this inconvenience it caused during your stay. As a company we do stay competitive with the other hotels in the area, summer is typically a slower time for New Orleans, but this summer the city remained busy, and at times like that we have to take into consideration supply and demand in the city. We do have an Amenities charge that we advertise for at the hotel per night ($8.95) and that includes local and long distance calls to Canada, United States and Mexico, the WiFi and safe insurance up to $20,000. Unfortunately, we do not offer parking at the hotel however there is 2 garages across the street and a lot next door.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The hotel is in Chartres Street which is 2 blocks down from all the busy streets where all the party and bars begin. I was in New Orleans just for 11/2 days and i found the hotel clean, practical, quiet and with a nice little pool. Everything was within walking distance so it was perfect for a short stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mariana P

Thank you for your kind review, New Orleans is truly a great city! We are glad to hear that you not only enjoyed the hotel but everything the city has to offer. Please come back and stay with us anytime!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

When I booked at the St Helene, one factor for my choice was a review where someone mentioned they had an elevator, though i don't believe their website mentions it. We arrived on a Thurs nite (July 12th, 2012) late to find that the elevator did not work and we were on the 2nd floor. My husband, at 70, is not good with stairs but we made it up the two flights (with a landing in between). The room (205) was a standard, very nice looking at first sight, nice linens, flat screen tv, only one chair (which makes it hard for 2people to sit and talk or watch tv), a small 2-drawer dresser, a pedestal sink, 4 hangars (they had no extras when we asked for 2 more), the "bathroom" was small, hard to stand in front of the toilet and turn to close the door. One of the glass shower doors had no knobs on it to open and close it (the holes were there), and the Ikea-style straight wall mounted shelves/night stand felt like they were going to fall off the wall--they were loose and slanting downward. I had read that it had been renovated I think in Jan 2012. I was pleased to see a ceiling fan and the room was cold upon arrival--the way I like it but we turned down the temp for my husband's comfort. We crashed in bed and unfortunately the mattress was one of those where you roll to the middle.

The next day we took off for a cooking class near the convention center (there is a very handy taxi stand cater-corner to the hotel). Afterward, we decided to walk back to the hotel, which proved to be too far for my husband who almost did not make it back. When we got to the lobby, I sat him down and told the staff there was no way my husband could make it up the stairs and that we had to have a room on the first floor. They were very helpful and quick to respond, and we were able to relocate to the first floor. This room (105) was directly below our first room but slightly different in size--the bathroom was smaller (!)--a notch had to be cut out of the door in order to close past the toilet; but we did have 5 hangars and this mattress was comfortable/even. The 4 knobs on this room's shower door were all loose--something I would think the housekeeper would notice when she cleaned the shower.

For a recently renovated hotel, there were holes where it looked like the towel bar had come off the wall, poor paint job in the bathroom, broken tiles in the bathroom at the bottom of the wall in front of the toilet where I watched a little bug crawl into. Overall I thought the property was very clean. From room 105, when people walked up or down the stairs to the 2nd or 3rd floors, you could hear their conversations. We did not have windows that looked outside in either of the rooms, so we never knew what the weather was doing--it rained off and on while we were there.

The location was excellent--just a few blocks from Jackson Square--a few more to Cafe Du Monde and the French Market. The Original Pierre Maspero restaurant was just half a block away and had very good typical New Orleans fare. There are parking lots nearby if you are driving for a price.

I felt the staff was helpful/ attentive and asked us if we would need a taxi when we told them when we would be checking out--and called ahead for one.

Would I stay here again? No , mainly because of the lack of a working elevator, too small of a bathroom, not enough hangars, and not enough seating in the room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VacationerHouston
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My girlfriend and I were very pleased with this hotel. The staff was very courteous, informative, rooms are clean and modern. Nice sized tv for the room size. We liked how small the place is and the fact that it's not a corporate run hotel, this make our experience more personal and enjoyable. For those leaving bad reviews, you must like staying at high end corporate owned hotel. This place isn't for you, they don't call this a boutique for nothing.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank supply2062
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Where to start...

We booked this hotel because of location and it was recently remodeled. The location was excellent. Could not complain at all about that. That is where the good stopped.

They offered no parking and no deal with any lot nearby. It was $35 a night or walk a few blocks.

We get in the room and they are small. We had the queen room, but if I had known it would have been so small, I'd have gotten the deluxe. After a few hours in the city, I decided to take a quick refresher shower. The drain wasn't draining. Told the staff and they were nearly useless. I asked to move rooms and they put me in the room on the side. That room also had plumbing issues. The toilet wouldn't flush. We decided to just go out and let them call someone. They did fix it after a few hours. The floors will also turn your socks black.

The first night, I was woken up by the room on the side. They were playing music on their TV around 3 in the morning. Second morning I was woken up by people walking up and down the stairs. How thin were the walls?!!

I have no reason to recommend or book this hotel again.

Keep in mind they add $9 a night for some "resort fee". I don't get why they can't include it in the price.

Room Tip: Stay away from bottom floor. Very loud.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jared B
General M, General Manager at Hotel St. Helene, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

We are sorry to hear that your experience was not the best of experiences. We work hard and take pride in providing great customer service to all guest. We do our very best to portray all of our rooms as is on our website, we are sorry you were unhappy. In regards to your toilet issue at the property we are only a 16 room property so we are limited to the rooms we can move you to if we are sold out. As stated above once notified we did get the problem taken care of. Unfortunately there are things that come up and we cannot always foresee but we do our very best to make sure any situation that arises is taken care of to the best of our ability. In regards to the floors, our hard wood floors are stained ebony black, that is most likely what happened to your socks. We are in the process of having all floors re-coated with an additional coat of finish. The hotel re-opened in January and since then we have noticed that the floors do need another coat of finish. This issue is being addressed.