I stayed at the Bywater B&B with my family for the Christmas weekend. We had a great stay. I think it's important to note that our hostess was a young woman named Alex. She was very curteous and mentioned she's the newly appointed caretaker. The good:
1. The great value! Seriously $75 a night?! Can you stay anywhere in Nola for this rate?
2. Spacious, clean rooms with crazy, cool folk art.
3. Lovely outdoor garden patio. It's private and lush, so cool.
4. Decent walk to the French Quarter but short walk to Frenchman st. Much cooler than Burboun st anyday.
It's a very old rennovated house so it has it's flaws, a bit drafty in the front rooms, iffy plumbing for the toliets but we had no clogs. The water pressure is great in the showers. The neighborhood is a bit rough around the edges but we were totally safe and walked around quite a bit.
I had a great time and felt like we had a unique New Orleans experience. I would definitely stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Bywater Hotel New Orleans
- Bywater b&b