“Absolutely Amazing!”

Ranked #4 of 137 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Chicago, IL
“Absolutely Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

Ashton's is just amazing. My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon and we couldn't have been happier. We stayed in the Creole Queen and it was gorgeous. The room was impeccably cleaned everyday by the wonderful staff. The bed was perfect, not too soft, not too firm. The bathroom was beautiful and the tub was great for relaxing after a day of walking around the Quarter. The patio was great for soaking up the morning sun while enjoying a cup of coffee or for a little moonlit breeze before bed. This was my first time staying at a B&B as well as my wife’s, and I don’t know if any other will be able to top our experience at Ashton’s. The bar has been set very high.

Breakfast, one word… AMAZING! Patrick really outdoes himself each morning. Just when you think you’ve had the best breakfast you’ve ever had, BAM, tomorrows breakfast hits you. Bananas Foster waffles taste like warm happiness, and cold cereal will never satisfy you again. Breakfast is served for most of the morning, so weather you’re an early bird or like to sleep in a bit, you can still enjoy a fresh cooked meal that will keep you satisfied until lunch.

If there is anything you need, Patrick and his staff are there to help. Patrick is a wealth of information on the area, and is a great help in planning activities. Ashton’s is located in a beautiful neighborhood just outside the French Quarter. It’s a quick cab ride to the Quarter or City Park, which I highly recommend you visit. Some may feel that Ashton’s is a bit too far from the Quarter, but I actually found it nice to be able to get away from the noise and craziness of the Quarter to get a good night’s sleep in a quiet area. Can you find a cheaper place to stay in the Quarter? Of course, but you won’t find the amazing food, friendly personal service, or quiet comfort that you do at Ashton’s. I look forward to returning and highly recommend them to anyone visiting New Orleans.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

This review is long overdue. In a city where great food is a main attraction, Ashton's Bed & Breakfast literally has the best breakfast. I have to admit that I chose Ashton's because of the scrumptious photographs of the breakfast dishes. Well, Patrick's breakfast dishes exceeded my expectations!

I have stayed at a few B & Bs in the past which I've enjoyed and have returned for multiple visits. However, after staying at Ashton's I now know what I had enjoyed at other places was at best average.

Patrick had me at "hello". The moment he opened the door, the view down the corridor was breathtaking. What a beautiful home! Our room was very cozy and I also enjoyed reading in the sitting room.

Patrick was a very gracious host. He chatted with us in the morning at breakfast and any other time during the day that we would run into him. He gave us great recommendations on where to dine. Also, he offered to drive us the less than 1 mile distance into the French Quarter because accessing a taxi would be difficult (on New Year's Eve).

I highly recommend Ashton's Bed & Breakfast and I look forward to going back.

Tadji

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Waxahachie, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

Just finished a weeklong stay at this place. Would highly recommend it to couples that are traveling for leisure to New Orleans. The breakfasts were plentiful and well above average quality. I am still dreamy over the sweet potato stuffed French toast. Lots of free extras available. Cokes, chips, cookies. Left stuffed and ready to take on each day.

The owner/cook is friendly and helpful, as are the staff. He can give you much needed advice on what to see and what to avoid. His restaurant recommendations were great right down to the best dishes they serve. He's careful to cater his advice to your wants and needs. He doesn't try to put one size fits all. Every single thing he advised was spot on. The bed was comfortable. The rate was also very reasonable given the overall quality of the experience.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

Stayed for 4 nights in March. Decided to skip the usual hotels and try this B & B from other recommendations and we weren't disappointed. Short cab ride (or 20 minute walk) to the French Quarter. Patrick was an excellent host, his breakfast were amazing and truly top chef quality. The huge house was beautiful and our room (Jazz Suite) was spacious, lovely and had all the modern amenities. Snacks and beverages available all day were a nice addition. Patrick was also helpful with directions to area attractions. Definitely recommend Ashton's!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2010

We traveled to New Orleans over the Christmas holidays to visit our daughter. While our two grown sons stayed with our daughter, my husband and I chose a romantic escape to Ashton's which is only blocks from where she lives.

While lovely in all of its appointments (from the antiques, to the beautiful bathrooms, and even the gorgeous holiday decorations), what impressed us most was the warm welcome from the owners. They set up the inn to serve its guests and all of their needs. They had maps, guidebooks, and a a wealth of first hand advice to help us in our stay. They set up the dining room with 24/7 hot and cold beverages, homemade snacks, and fresh fruit.

But even above and beyond this, they served a gourmet breakfast every morning at whatever time was most convenient for us AND invited our children to join even though they were not staying at the inn.

We'll always remember our Christmas week there and are hoping to go back again soon.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2010

After a recent visit to Ashton's Bed & Breakfast, I have to wonder why anyone would choose to stay in a standard hotel when Ashton's is an available option?

The B&B's proprietors (Karma and Patrick Ashton) go out of their way to be welcoming and hospitable. The rooms are clean, nicely sized and well-decorated. The beds are extremely comfortable. And the breakfast is wonderful (the sweet potato french toast was a real treat!) The B&B's location has easy access to the French Quarter and other points of interest in New Orleans.

Bottom line: For the price, comfortable atmosphere, and great food, I will definitely go back to Ashton's Bed & Breakfast.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2010

Patrick and Karma were Excellent Hosts. This was our first time at a B&B and it was great. We stayed two nights and they were so Friendly. We stayed in the Creole Queen #8. Wonderful room and the bed and bath were great. The decor in the Home was amazing. We were in town for Mardi Gras. Karma was in a parade and graciously gave us a few parting gifts from the Parade. I can't say enough about the breakfast. The Bananas foster over WAFFLES was magnificent. Some of the best breakfast I have had. It was a bit cold in N.O. but they gave us a protable heater just incase it was a bit cold in our rooms. We were very comfortable. They thought of everything. STAY Here if you want to be close to the Quarter and feel like you are at home. Thanks again Partick and Karma.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple