“Excellent B&B experience, recommend to anyone visiting New Orleans”

Ashton's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We very recently visited New Orleans with 2 other couples for a short 5 day trip. The 6 of us occasionally travel together and were initially somewhat averse to a B&B experience (beds / privacy / noise, etc.). However, reading so many excellent "Trip Advisor" reviews convinced us to make the reservations anyway. Happy we did as we all really enjoyed our stay!

Ashtons was always a fun & relaxing place to go back to, after long days out and about, mostly walking and checking out "NOLA". Relative proximity to New Orleans' many good restaurants and music scene ($7-8 cab) provides convenient access to the city's entertainment scene. We found the best music on Frenchman street, although Burbon street certainly has a life of its own. Nearby Royal street has many little shops for people who like to browse!

If one enjoys cigars, Patrick the owner, is happy to share the cigars in his 2 humidors (the B&B is strickly "non smoking" inside). The very large front porch & rocking chairs are inviting for leisurely late afternoon sittings. Another much appreciated gesture was the tasty scones baked and left out for us to eat in the morning. Once Karma found out we had to be at the airport by 6.30am and, would otherwise leave without a real breakfast (which breakfasts are by the way, special too! Patrick, Karma, Richard & Caroline make a great team.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Thank you to Wanda, Richard, and Caroline for making our stay at Ashton's B & B so welcoming and memorable. We had a group of seven adults celebrating two birthdays.
WANDA, substitute Innkeeper (Patrick and Karma were away on holiday) was very attentive and warm and tended to our every need - the perfect hostess!
RICHARD, the resident chef, was such a genuinely sincere and gracious person. We so appreciated his cooking and his presence.
CAROLINE, the housekeeper, was so kind, attentive, gracious, and worked incredibly hard. Our rooms were impeccably cleaned and made lovely each and every day!
The house has a wonderful Southern feeling and we especially loved the architecture. The location, perfect for walking to the French Quarter and the Marigny. One feels more Local than Tourist.

Room Tip: Be aware that unless you are very comfortable with your traveling companion that the toilet and bath...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank travelfun19
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Six of us went to New Orleans to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. We could not have asked for a better experience and Ashton's was a huge part of our enjoyment.

Patrick and Karma did everything to make us feel comfortable and welcome including a delicious birthday cake with candles and singing for my husband's birthday!

Our rooms were beautiful, the beds divine and the sheets were so soft. I always note the bath products when staying in a hotel or B&B and Ashton's uses Aveda, my favourite.

Breakfast was outstanding, and if what is being served is not to your liking, Patrick is more than accommodating!

The location, while some may feel is a bit off the beaten track, was very accessible to the hot spots either by taxi or local bus, and after spending a day or evening on Bourbon or Frenchmen St., coming back to Ashtons to enjoy a quiet glass of wine on the front verandah was heaven!! (Wine can be purchased at the corner store across the street)

I can't say enough about Ashton's, it was truly our home for 4 days.

Thank you Patrick and Karma.

Catherine, Richard, Jennifer, Michel, Carol and Trevor

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2013

As you can see from all the previous reviews the place is perfect! Here are my reasons: great Inn Keeper and staff, the rooms are grandiose and sets that NoLa feel, breakfast you can not sleep through even if you had a late night( so worth the lack of sleep for it) and location to some It may feel off the beaten track but it's a location that you would otherwise not get to see. It was my first time in New Orleans and staying at the Ashton was the perfect place to start. Have already recommended this place to my New York City Folks!

1  Thank Stacey S
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My new bride and I spent our honeymoon at Ashton's and could not have had a better experience! It begin's with the welcoming Southern hospitality of everyone at Ashton's, from Patrick and Karma, (the owners), to Richard and Caroline. (...and do not forget the cats of Ashton's, as they will make you feel as welsome as the people.) From your fist moment in this charming, breathtaking,former plantation you feel like you are home. Everything you may need for your stay can be found in the beautiful dining room.... from coffee, to teas, to sodas, water, and local Louisiana snacks. We stayed in the Creole Queen and it was amazing! Wonderful room that just embraces you and makes you feel like you are at home. In the morning you wake up and in the dining room are treated to the most mouth-watering breakfast. Each day is different and seems to be better than the day before. (Breakfast alone makes you want to leap out of bed.) Ask Patrick about the walking tour he has created. It takes you on a pleasant walk to City Park and teaches you a great deal about the varied architecture of New Orleans as well as a stop at the St. Louis Cemetary #3. If you are looking for places to eat, or find real local places of interest, ask Patrick or Karma; as "born and bred", proud New Orleanians, they will be happy to point you in the right direction.
We cannot wait for our next trip to New Orleans, if nothing else, than for the chance to experience the congeniality of Ashton's yet again.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My fiancee and I had a wonderful stay at Ashton's bed and breadkfast. We stayed in the Jackson Square room. Patrick (owner) called the room quirky because it has a clawfoot bathtub in the middle of it, but we loved it.
The breakfasts were amazing. The house is gorgeous. The owners were so helpful with suggestions on things to do in the area. When I booked the B&B I asked Patrick what was going on that weekend and he told me there was a Saints game. I bought the tickets to surprise my fiancee with them that Sunday at breakfast. It turns out our hosts were HUGE Saints fans and were going to the game as well. They let us tag along with them. We all celebrated together after a tight victory for the Saints against the Falcolns. It was such a wonderful experience that wouldn't have happened if Patrick hadn't told me about the game. This B&B went over the top with true Southern hospitality. I would recommend this place to anyone planning a stay in New Orleans.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The house is beautiful, the Innkeepers are amazing, the finest details have been taken care of to make you feel at home!
When we first arrived, Patrick greeted us, and I got a tour of the home and the amenities, (dining room is awesome, supplied with goodies for anytime) along with some helpful advice on some of the places we wanted to visit.
The room was very cozy, along with a nicely supplied bathroom, including a great mineral soak for the claw foot tub, which I of course had to take advantage of! The sheets on the bed are amazing, the bed was great. My husband was very impressed with my selection for our weekend get away.
The location was perfect as well, not in a busy touristy area, but close to everything.
The breakfasts were simply amazing, you couldn't have gone to any restaurant there for better. Presentation and taste were exceptional, I'm a veganish eater, which they were more than willing to accommodate, but I ate it ALL this weekend!
We will DEFINITELY be back.
Thank you Patrick & team for an incredible experience...and making us not want to leave.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple