“The best B&B we've ever stayed in!”

Ashton's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is by far the best B&B we have stayed in. Our hosts, Patrick and Karma, were extremely gracious and accomodating. They knew everything about NOLA and how to get everywhere and how to experience everything we came to visit New Orleans for. The breakfasts were truly gourmet and filling. We had rain one morning and the coffee and conversation was so good that all of us who were staying just hung out conversing about anything and everything. It felt so comfortable. Speaking of comfortable, the beds were just right, the showers were luxurious, the soaps smelled so good and everything was always clean, neat and tidy. It is truly the only way to experience NOLA. Thank you. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chiquis926

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We recently stayed at Ashton's and had a wonderful time. It was our first time staying at a B&B and we're converts now. The house and furnishings are amazing. We stayed in the Creole Queen room and the bathroom was as big as our room. Very romantic!!! The breakfasts Patrick prepared were better than anything we had in town. Sweet potato stuffed french toast and Eggs Sardou. Since our room wasn't reserved for our check out night, Patrick was very gracious and let us have a late check out. We will be staying here again!!!!

Room Tip: The Creole queen room has a bathroom as big as the room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank karen b
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I can't say enough good things about Ashton's. Patrick and Karma are just a joy to visit (it helps that they're avid Saints fans!). Because of Hurricane Isaac, it was difficult to confirm the date when we'd check in, but Patrick was unfailingly friendly, flexible, and incredible accommodating. When we arrived on a blisteringly hot day, he was thoroughly charming and friendly. Our room (Room 4, first floor on the left) was truly perfect, with a big bed I wanted to pack up and take home with me. The furniture was picked out with great care, and the room's decorations were tasteful and welcoming. I loved the shower, too!

And then there's breakfast. Really, what can you say? The coffee with chicory is delicious, of course, but both mornings we were treated to the tastiest, heartiest, true New Orleans meals. We spent some time in the courtyard enjoying the peaceful atmosphere under the huge live oak, and both my wife and I found Karma and Patrick to be two of the best innkeepers we've ever met.

I know that visitors to NOLA always want to stay in the Quarter and nowhere else, but you truly owe it to yourself to seriously consider Ashton's Bed and Breakfast. Patrick and Karma will remind you what real graciousness is, and in an unforgettable setting, to boot.

Room Tip: We loved room 4, but I can't imagine there's a bad room in the entire place.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NSS29
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Living in Europe for the last 30+ years I have stayed at lots and lots of B & Bs on the continent and Great Britain. But this is by far the BEST one of all. The decor is lovely with each room getting a different special touch. ( The bathroom in the Jazz Suite was amazing. This room is inhabited by a "Sleeping Spirit" because we slept like logs in that big ol' bed!) The amenities are generous and give the stay a "homey" touch. The courtyard beckons for relaxing hours smoking or enjoying the mild moist air sitting in the shade under the huge tree. Shall we talk about Patrick's breakfast creations???? Simply scrumptious. And after such a breakfast you can sight-see the city until supper without hunger pangs.

Room Tip: The Jazz Suite sleeps 3 easily. A big roomy space well-appointed in period furniture and modern com...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank CatherineEG
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Patrick and Karma did everything to make it an enjoyable stay: Patrick enjoyed cooking great breakfasts (we are talking true meals here!), Karma gave some Mardi Gras-style hat to our daughter to wear on Thanksgiving day (local tradition). They gave us perfect advices for restaurants and places to go.
B&B is great, good location, easy to walk to French Quarter and encounter some local peculiarities along the way, perfectly clean, room was more than spacious. We really loved it. Glad all is well after Isaac! :-)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank JaWestPalmBeach
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed here just before Hurricane Isaac. The bed and breakfast is really cute and homey and Patrick and Karma are very friendly and welcoming. My review is based on what I feel was really good customer service from them both.

Breakfast: The breakfasts were elaborate and prettily served. A different beautiful creation was served every morning. Good breakfast! If you are vegetarian/vegan like me, let them know before you arrive and they will customize breakfast for you.

Location: Not the best part of town, parts of the street seemed a bit questionable, but we weren't worried about safety or anything like that. My husband and I walked to the French Quarter and we thought it was a very nice walk. However, we did take a taxi on our return. A taxi ride can average between $8-$9.

Accommodations: We actually stayed in 2 different rooms because the room that I originally wanted was booked our first two nights at the BB. The French Quarter room is a bit on the small side but has all the amenities needed for a very comfortable stay. The bathroom has a jetted tub and everything is clean and in order. We also stayed in the Creole Queen which has a magnificent bathroom, jetted tub, huge shower. Its the greatest bathroom! Both rooms had flat screen tv's and very comfortable beds!

Unfortunately, the air conditioning in our first room wasn't working and we spent two very hot nights. However, as soon as I informed Patrick of the problem, he set out to fix it. Fortunately the next night we moved to our second room, and that air conditioning was perfect. The great customer service came into play because even though I told him about the problem too late to call in a handyman, he attempted to fix the problem right away, and we were not charged for the night we spent without air conditioning. Also, we had to check out early because of the impending storm, and Patrick did not charge us for early check out.

Patrick and Karma, thank you for allowing us to share our last few days together at your establishment. We hope you guys rode out the storm well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shacheb75
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was dropping my son off at college for the 1st time (Tulane).What a perfect stay! It is a truly beautiful home. great locale, meticulously clean. The colonial French architecture of the house, inside and out made it that much more interesting. My cousin was staying in a nearby hotel and I insisted that she come in so I could give her a tour of the 1st floor and backyard patio garden!
Safety was not an issue at all. Karma and Patrick could not have been more accommodating! If I could I'd give it 6 stars!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family