“A perfect stay”

Ashton's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was dropping my son off at college for the 1st time (Tulane).What a perfect stay! It is a truly beautiful home. great locale, meticulously clean. The colonial French architecture of the house, inside and out made it that much more interesting. My cousin was staying in a nearby hotel and I insisted that she come in so I could give her a tour of the 1st floor and backyard patio garden!
Safety was not an issue at all. Karma and Patrick could not have been more accommodating! If I could I'd give it 6 stars!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JimM1425

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have never written a review on TripAdvisor before, this Bed & Breakfast was so good, I just had to share the love (for Banana's Foster amongst other things!).

Patrick and Karma went out of their way to make our stay special, between a fridge stocked with local beverages, the brilliant breakfasts (customizable if necessary), the spectacularly comfortable rooms, friendly staff and beautiful grounds in which to sit and enjoy company (and a cigar if you so choose) and of course the Ashton's brilliant knowledge of the culture, history (and of course attractions/restaurants etc.) - I have never enjoyed staying at a hotel (or b&b) so much before - and I have stayed at over 100 hotels in the last 5 years.

Even when there were occasional niggles, like noisy co-guests or a technical fault with an air-con, Patrick was a gracious host, and tried to right things immediately.

The location of the b&b wont be perfect for everyone, as it isn't really an ideal walk to the French Quarters, but the Ashton's have even mapped taxi numbers to keys on the in-room phones to alleviate that!

If you are looking for the perfect tranquil home away from home when you are visiting the Big Easy and interested in relaxing in luxury and eating the most amazing home-cooked breakfasts, then this is the one for you!

Room Tip: The rooms in the main house are the biggest and have the bigger beds. The rooms in the attachment ha...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bfg_hightower
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We chose Ashton's B&B for our very first 3 nights stay (but definetely not the last) in NOLA based on the excellent reviews here and also because we didn't want to stay in one of those big, unpersonal and modern hotel towers downtown and this place, believe me, is heaven on earth and their owners, Patrick and Karma, are their lovely gardian angels. We fell in love with this historic and wonderfully maintained house the minute we walked in. Patrick welcomes you like if he had known you for ages, their cute cats wander around but are not allowed to go in the bedrooms (they will try though haha!) and the kitties are definetely part of the family and the peaceful atmosphere.

We stayed in a gorgeous gorgeous room, the red one called The Creole Queen : every single detail makes this place/bedroom special. The bathroom with its tub and walk-in shower is TDF. But the thing I think I remember the most are the sheets. The bed was very comfy the sheets were like nothing I had experienced before, they were like silk on your skin, something unbelievable.

Breakfast : ok, you think you know what a typical NOLA breakfast is? Think again. You probably don't know until you have tasted Patrick's. And this is coming from someone who usually doesn't have breakfast at all ;-))) Flavors change everyday, be prepared to eat a lot but it's so so so good that you really want to taste everything! It's delicate, wonderful, Patrick can accomodate you if you do not eat meat or eggs or anything but we really wanted to taste things "as is" and we're glad we did.
Patrick is from Nola and is a real bible book of the city : he can answer all your questions, knows all the places, exhibitions, restaurants, can recommend good places to go (don't miss the excellent World War II museum in town).

Area is absolutely safe (for those of you wondering) and is a nice 20 minutes walk from Bourbon Street. You will be able to admire lots of beautiful houses in the street too.

I could go on and on about this place but words don't do this place justice. You have to experience it. If you plan to visit New Orleans, believe me, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ramblingdoll
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We just returned from a weekend stay at Ashton's Bed and Breakfast. You will be in aww, from the first minute you walk into the house. The house was built in the 1860's. It is so beautiful. The rooms are great. I promise you will sleep so good on those comfy sheets. Patrick recommended several Resturants and tours. He was right on. Both Resturants were outstanding and so was our plantation tour. Now, for the real reason you want to stay here. The breakfast. Yummy. Seriously, the best breakfast I have ever had. This is a must stay B&B

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shana T
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I decided to spend our anniversary at Ashton's B&B and believe me it was a great decision. The accommodations were superior; the innkeepers were very cordial and superb; the lady that maintained the room we resided in was extremely nice and professional; nicest person we've ever met that took care of us; and above all, the food was to die for!

Room Tip: If all rooms at Ashton's are as nice as our room was, then it doesn't matter. And, I'm...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James D
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I enjoyed our stay during the Essensce Music Festival. The atmosphere was very peaceful and the food was awesome. Patrick can customize your breakfast if you want but we did not require this...everything was just fine the way that it was. Patrick and Karma were polite and helpful. Karma helped us with our bags, was always cheerful, and she likes to show off her crafts. We didn't have much interaction with Patrick, however, my impression of him is aloof, polite and straightforward. The home is nicely decorated and very clean. The neighborhood is fair. NOMA and city park are within walking distance...you can get some great exercise after eating all the delightful food. We would consider staying here again. We are spoiled by this B&B...I think it would be hard to top it.

Room Tip: We had the Jackson room which was attractive with the claw foot tub...it was easy to bathe but next...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2012

To say we had a great time at Aston's is an understatement. Patrick is a storehouse of knowledge about the area. Breakfast was unbelievable. And beleive it or not, we had the most unexpectedly good time just sitting on the front porch, drinking a glass of wine, and watching the people and cars go by. The people of New Orleans are some of the friendliest people. Everyone who saw us sitting there took a moment to just say hey.

Room Tip: Every room we saw, look good.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple