“A great place to stay”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
A Quarter Esplanade
Ranked #107 of 138 New Orleans B&B and Inns
“A great place to stay”
Reviewed June 13, 2004

Spent a wonderful week there. The website is very accurate with pictures and details. Stayed in a studio type unit on the first floor. Very clean and spacious for 2 people. The courtyard is great for early morning coffee or just fresh air at night. The pool is small but nice to look at (I don't swim). Both the staff and the owner were extremely nice and helpful.

I am a smoker and all of the units are non smoking units - if you smoke you'll have to go outside. It would be nice if the owner could designate 1 or 2 rooms for smokers.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
Reviewed February 26, 2004

My boyfriend and I spent one night at A Quarter Esplanade in September '03, and were very pleased with our experience. We took a 4 night trip, but only booked 2 nights in a hotel. We wanted to choose where we would stay for our last two nights once we were there. I had narrowed our selections down to a handful of B&B's based on information on their websites. I'm happy to say that A Quarter Esplanade very correctly represents itself online. It is a very cute, cozy place with bright, clean rooms and a neat little courtyard with a small, but adorable pool to relaxe in. We stayed in one of the studios, and though the bed/main room was small, the bathroom and kitchen were a nice size. The staff was incredibly accomodating (especially since we did not have a reservation) and friendly. We would have stayed there for our last two nights, but they only had availability for one night (our last night).
We booked it anyway, and settled for a dingy, roach-infested B&B for the other night (never again - be wary of dim lighting and dark painted walls in the room!). I would definitely stay here again!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 26, 2003

I have stayed at A Quarter Esplandae twice. The saying that you get what you pay for holds true. The owners are very nice. My husband and I have stayed in the bungalow and upstairs in a single room where out wonderful oversized bed took up most of it. The rooms are clean! There are single serving juices and milks in the fridge. I love the fact that A Quarter Esplande has a fridge, not all holelsand and B&B's offer this. The bungalow room has a wonderful spa tub. We walked everywhere from this location. The pastries are tasty. The maid drops them off in the room the night before since most people sleep in. MY husband and myself always ate them when we got in for a snack and then walked to Corsant D'Jore. if you want comfort and to feel 100% at ease this is the place for you. If you are seeking the foofy bells and whistles than you might want to keep shopping.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Long Island, NY
Reviewed January 30, 2003

I just returned from a six night stay in the two bedroom suite. My mother, daughter and I were having a family reunion and this was perfect for us. Mom had the queen bed and her own bathroom and my daughter and I shared the king bed and other bath. The living room was very attractive and comfortable. The kitchen was the least inviting area, but we didn't spend a lot of time in there except to get our pasteries, which we found quite tasty and fresh, yogurt and coffee for breakfast. If you are looking for deluxe, you'll be disappointed, and I don't know how the single rooms are, but we were very satisfied with the space. Also the location was excellent.

2 Thank Snorkelsue
Reviewed January 2, 2003

hello if your looking for a B&B STAY AWAY FROM HERE.we stayed at quarter esplanade during dec,2002 and were not pleased. the ac unit in the room spued large chunks of moldy "stuff" into the room . breakfast consist of day old pastry left by the maid the night before and pre pakaged fruit cup and some single serving size bottles of OJ.
the location is good for the french quarter but there only parking is a parking lot 3 blocks away. all in all the rooms were just average..keep looking

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member