I returned to the Banana Courtyard in July of this year for my 45th birthday. This is my second stay there and enjoyed it just as much as I did over Mardi Gras in February. This time I stayed in the Pirate's Attic, which is a very nice small room upstairs. It could sleep three comfortably, with the bed and the additional futon. There is a mini fridge and a microwave in this room, which was nice for reheating leftovers and keeping water cold. There is seriously great water pressure in the shower. Seemingly endless hot water!
I moved downstairs to the Cannonball Room on the third night for no reason other than to try other rooms in this fun historic property. What a fantastic room. It's right inside the door, and has a HUGE high bed. Very romantic, were I to be traveling with a companion. This room also has a smaller twin bed, so three could be comfortable here. I liked this a bit better as I didn't have to navigate the stairs, and the sitting porch is right outside for relaxing afternoons on the porch swing.
I didn't partake of breakfast this time, but it has been my past experience that the continental breakfast is more than sufficient and served in the downstairs dining room with panache and charm on plates and glassware. The company of the other guests around the communal table is wonderful. I go to New Orleans regularly and enjoyed giving new guests my must-sees. :)
I loved having the gated secure parking (with a remote for the gate!) and did not mind one bit the keys for the front gate to the property. I felt very, very secure. I will stay here again as it is convenient to getting around the city in my car. The location on Esplanade and Rampart makes getting around New Orleans in a car SO easy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ooh la la. 1800s bordello catered to society's elite. Bed and breakfast now, great location at corner of French Quarter. Bourbon St. 3 blocks. Gateway from I-10. Romantic balcony, courtyard, hammock, Verandah, antiques. Lagniappe: don't just visit New Orleans - live it like a local with our Insider Eguides: music, dancing, restaurants, food, history, culture, sightseeing. Our tax ONLY 5%, most hotels are 17.5%. 23 years, 50% of guests call us quirky & keep returning. Each room unique, with a special theme. INCLUSIVE, free local phone calls, Wi-Fi, soft drinks, bottled water, & Continental PASTRIES breakfast with coffee, hot water for tea, grits, oatmeal, fresh fruit, and toast. Other stuff like cereal or yogurt, cheese, boiled egg, sandwich meat, gluten by request. All private ensuite bathrooms, individually controlled heat and air. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your 1870 Banana Courtyard French Quarter / New Orleans B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1870 Banana Courtyard French Quarter / New Orleans Bed And Breakfast
- 1870 Banana Courtyard French Quarter / New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Courtyard New Orleans
- New Orleans Courtyard