“Rude host and obnoxious behavior”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Mansion on St. Charles
Ranked #105 of 142 New Orleans B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 7, 2003

I had used this B&B before to have guests stay there when they came to town. For the most part, everything was OK- not great, but acceptable.
So, I decided this place would be a nice location to rent out (we rented out the ENTIRE building) for my family during graduation. This was one of the worst mistakes I could have made. The host was unbearable. She spent the entire time telling my family about her Communist beliefs and how she likes to host Cubans who come up. She just wouldn't stop raving about how wonderful Communism was. Then, she told my cousin and brother about 'recommended' nightlife locations which were in horrible parts of town. Definitely not safe. Finally, my aunt had written a nice review in her guestbook, but had mentioned that the room was a tad warm for her tastes. When we returned from our Sunday brunch, she had ripped the review my aunt had done in her guest book and accused my aunt of ruining everything. She verbally attacked my aunt and ordered everyone out of the bed and breakfast. Luckily, she DID return the money that some of the guests had paid for additional nights in the B&B. My family ended up having to spend a number of extra hours in the airport waiting for their flights. Her behavior was totally uncalled for and ruined what could have been a wonderful visit.
I will NEVER recommend that anyone stay at this place because of the owner's unpredictable behavior.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member