Tripadvisor
New Orleans
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews voodoo fest claw foot tub quiet hostel french quarter stayed longer great recommendations mardi gras walking distance free breakfast water pressure common areas location was perfect stayed nights living room hostels dorm nola
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I book at IHSP French Quarter House for two main reasons :
1- to be in the French Quarter and be able to travel by foot
2- for easily meeting new people

I was very satisfied on these 2 aspects. Firstly, being able to get around easily, without worrying about public transport schedules, or the cost of a taxi, is a BIG advantage (Bourbon Street is less than 10 minutes walk). Secondly, the IHSP staff is very welcoming, they go to great lengths to connect people (thanks Nicole and Nick!). The backyard was a nice place for hanging out, and the New Year Eve party, in particular, was GREAT.

About the other points, I was in a dorm. So a lot of night owls, and a lot of early birds (nothing to surprise me), but with earplugs it was ok. The shared bathroom was cleaned every day

The breakfast on the spot was nice too, no need to go out early to get food.

To conclude, I highly recommend IHSP French Quarter House

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed January 18, 2020 via mobile

Amazing experience, hostel was clean and homely
Nicole and Nick did a wonderful job of making this first time solo traveling Aussie feel right at home. I’ll be staying here again my next trip in May. Perfect location and lots of fun at the hostel it’s self.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed January 14, 2020

IHSP French Quarter is located at the perfect spot for an ideal French Quarter stay. I can’t recommend the place enough. The scene at IHSP is perfect for getting know people from around the world who are willing to be friends and explore the city with you. No joke, it was my best hostel experience I’ve ever had, and I think that if I stayed there again it would be the same.
I especially would like to thank Nicholas Trever for his awesome customer service and insight into “things to do” in the French Quarter. He helped make our stay at IHSP easy and fun.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2019 via mobile

I had never stayed in a hostel before but as we had to find accommodations when our hotel was closed down due to the hotel collapse, we thought we would give it a try. The staff was very nice and it was enjoyable to talk to other visitors. The building was built in the 1850s and showed it. The electronic door locks worked but the door frames were often compromised like someone had busted it before. The bath had a claw foot tub but water pressure and temperature was sketchy. Cleanliness was also an issue. The location was very close to a lot of attractions so definitely a positive. Again, the staff were very friendly and worked at being helpful.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2019

Last week I was staying in the best hostel in New Orleans. Why? Because I wanted a great time in the city of music. IHSP French Quarter House made my stay a great one. It lies on the border of the French Quarter (the place to be, to get some good music and food), so you can relax and enjoy at almost the same time. It is all in walking distance and the service of the people who work there is excellent. The old house gives you a great feeling of being at home, while being away. The price of a night is reasonable and the friendly staff will help you wherever they can. Great air conditioners and ceiling fans provides enough coolness to cope with the sometimes warm weather conditions. The IHSP French Quarter is an excellent choice.

Date of stay: July 2019