Tripadvisor
New Orleans

“Our Best Meal in New Orleans”
Review of Trenasse

Ranked #176 of 2,111 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Warehouse/Central Business District
Description: We are a store front restaurant located in the heart of the New Orleans Central Business District. With valet parking, outdoor seating and a warm staff that will make you feel right at home. Our collaborating chefs focus on Gulf Coast cuisine with a South Louisiana flair. Using regionally farmed ingredients, we present our dishes classically and creatively. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed January 20, 2020

I just happened to see this restaurant while I was walking around and I am glad I did! Our meal could not have been better. We started with a dozen oysters and moved on to a platter of local fish, crawdad pot pie, and pork chops. Everything was marvelous. The pork chops were tender, juicy, and full of flavor. The crawdad pot pie was served on a bed of cheese grits. And then for dessert, we had a succulent peanut butter brownie with ice cream and some creme brûlée.

The service was friendly and efficient. The atmosphere is not pretentious and is simple. The non-posh decor belies the luxury of the food here. I highly recommend Trenasse.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (509)

Reviewed January 7, 2020

We had dinner here Christmas Day 2019 and the food was pretty good but the service was horrible! Granted, we didn't have reservations so we had to sit at the bar but we were constantly ignored by the bartenders to the point that I finally said something to one of them. It only got marginally better. Now for the food: We had the boudin bites...I loved them, my husband was looking for more of the sausage variety of boudin so he didn't care much for them. My husband got the foul gumbo and shrimp and grits. The gumbo was okay but lacked something, can't really put my finger on it. The shrimp and grits were good but a very small portion and had some sort of weird fried shrimp on top that was more like a hushpuppy or something. Didn't much care for that part. I had the 12 oz ribeye, potato au gratin and sauteed spinach. Ribeye was cooked well, had nice flavor and the au gratin was the best I've had. Sauteed spinach, well, it's sauteed spinach so not too much to get excited about. My husband went back to our room and I ordered the creme brulee to-go. Waited about 10 minutes for the kitchen to come out and say they were out of it. Shouldn't that be something that all the servers know about instead of making the customer wait 10 minutes for nothing? Hopefully the service at the tables was better but the dark haired bartender needs an attitude adjustment.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank samanthaj967
Reviewed January 7, 2020

Food was good. I love the escargots. Our server, he is the best. Excellent service. Good wine selection.

Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

Very, very good food, freshest fish, excellent and attentive service. Far superior to the much more expensive and disappointing meal at Commander’s Palace. Don’t be put off by the fact it is in a hotel. Best shrimp and grits I ever had.

Reviewed January 6, 2020

Decided to eat in and a great choice it was. Each of the four of us ordered a different dish. Me, I ordered the Stinky Stew which was absolutely an excellent choice, loaded with oysters, shrimp, mussels and a crab leg cluster. Enough for two but I managed to devour it alone. Spare Ribs, red fish and the seafood sampler we're all thoroughly enjoyed by the others in my party. Highly recommend! By the way, the service was impeccable.

Date of visit: December 2019