“Delightful”
Review of Kebab

Kebab
Ranked #564 of 2,093 Restaurants in New Orleans
Dining options: Late Night
Description: KEBAB is spit style doner and gyro kebab sandwichs served on fresh baked bread. Now offering wine, beer, ciders and delicious cocktails made with our specialty sodas. We offer a relaxed environment nestled along St. Claude Avenue.
Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

I was very impressed with the casual, artistic esthetics, but the quality of the food won my praise. My whole experience was perfect. Definitely delightful. I will happily return again and again.

Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

The gyro and doner were amazing, along with the fries. We enjoyed it so much we ate there twice in the same day. Now this is definitely a must try. The meat is seasoned so well and the bread is unbelievably fresh! One of our new favorites, it will get a lot of our repeat business.

Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

I've been meaning to come here since I moved to the neighborhood. I'd spent years in the German speaking part of the world and have been able to find the Greek version of a Kebab (Gyro) all over America. But a the Turkish version is much more difficult to come by. In fact, this place may do an excellent Greek sandwich. They have a menu item called a Doner Kebab spelled with the umlaut. The menu is decorated with different types of aioli and house made sauces. They don't carry a chili sauce or crushed pepper flakes. So if I wanted to add some spice to the sandwich, I'd have to do it with their fusion version of Mediterranean meets gentrified yuppie neighborhood cilantro coconut habanero weird.
I may give this place an honest shot at some point. The menu was just such a disappointment for a hole in the wall authentic looking Kebab joint.
The truth is if they change the name of their menu items instead of false advertising I'd be much more inclined to dine here.
Halal Guys in the CBD and garden district offer a much more authentic experience and the food is pretty good.

Reviewed February 5, 2017

Kebab is Zagat rated for 2015 - which impressed me as I entered. Service is superb, the price amazing given the quality of the wraps. We had the pulled pork and the falafel wraps, and we shared a large order of fries. Definitely want to return to this place on my next visit to NOLA I recommend this for take out (saw others doing that) and very informal eat in. They serve wine and beer, too. I look forward to appearing more things on the menu!

Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

Last night of 5 in New Orleans and we were burnt out on Cajun and Creole food - this place delivered to our hotel on Canal Street, so we figured we would give it a try. Small menu, so you know/hope they're doing the few things on there the right way. Got the gyro and the fries - the gyro was delicious and HUGE! Very messy to eat (definitely ask for napkins if you get delivery or take out) and the ingredients were fresh. The fries were okay, but really enjoyed their homemade ketchup. Fresh, inexpensive option in NOLA.