“"We Cheat Tourists and Drunks"”
Review of Yo-Mama's Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Yo-Mama's Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I'd like to preface this by saying that this is the only bad review I 've ever left on Trip Advisor or Yelp. Ok, so here goes:
A group of 8 of us went down to NOLA Halloween weekend 2012. We stopped by Yo-Mama's our last night there to grab a burger. Before paying our tab, we all got t-shirts that we paid for separately in cash. The older blonde charged us more for each shirt than what the sign said. Consequently, we didn't tip on our bill since she made a cool $30 bucks off of us Yankees, easily. They were rude the entire time besides giving poor service, although they always found time to light up behind the bar. Here's a tip: offer better service with some friendly hospitality instead of treating your customers like jerks. They need to re-staff, really. We won't go back unless we're desperate for a late-night snack.

2  Thank Regina V

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The burgers were good. They are served with a baked potato. The bartender was friendly and attentive.

1  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for 5 days during Jazz Fest, and dined here twice. There's a small dining area located upstairs that was full both times, so we all sat at the bar to eat, which was no problem at all. The burgers were very good! Service was great both times.

1  Thank Julierack
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The menu is limited in that it serves only burgers (or filet mignon). The bacon used on the burgers was very fatty. Burgers come with the option of baked potato or side salad only.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was told several times that if you want to experience the "best burger in New Orleans" you have to eat at Yo Mama's. Have to say I was a little leery when seeing the place as it looked like a a little hole in the wall bar. But once inside it turned out to be pretty nice, seats about 25. The menu was full of different kinds of burgers, I had the peanut butter & bacon burger...my mouth is watering again thinking about it. Burger with melted creamy peanut butter with a PILE of bacon. WOW really good!! The "bad" thing was the choice of only one side, a baked potato. Don't get me wrong the potato was hot and very good, I just like chips. Service was great and the food was delicious!! If your coming to NOLA you HAVE to eat here, you'll be glad you did.