“We Will Be Back!”

Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Chartres House is a local favorite—a French Quarter landmark serving casual dishes and classic drinks in an intimate, historical environment. This antebellum building, once a favorite haunt of Tennessee Williams, is now home to a menu featuring duck quesadillas, classic New Orleans BBQ shrimp, muffalettas and more. Dine on the balcony or in the intimate courtyard, or join the local crowd after hours for quick bites and cocktails.
Reviewed August 7, 2016

While walking down the street with our 9 month old twins the hostess said "we're kid friendly!" So we decided to swing on in and grab dinner. She was right, they were so nice and accommodating to us! Our service was excellent and even better the food was delicious! We've been coming to New Orleans for about 10 years and this was our first time eating here, but we will be back!

Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

Stopped in by just walking by. Best food thus far. Went to Mothers, Nola and this one wins hands down. You won't be disappointed. Service was top notch and suggestions were plenty
The boudin is a first for me and it was great. Wish we would have found it on the first day rather than the last.
Thanks for a true taste of New Orleans.

Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

Just happened upon the restaurant and we were seated immediately. Good food. Cold beer. Attentive waiter. I'm glad we wandered in! Would suggest it to anyone who asks :)

Reviewed August 5, 2016

The hubby and I had spent much of the afternoon at the Carousel bar and needed to go take a little siesta. Well, it turned into falling asleep. We woke up at 9ish and realized that we missed our dinner reservations.. Such is life. So we dressed and went on a walk in the Quarter to find somewhere for dinner. Well, we were walking down Chartres street and saw the big pink restaurant with the doors open and decided to give it a try.

We were seated in a little table in the corner with a window view. It was nice to people watch.

David our waiter was very prompt and attentive. The music was 80's and while I grew up on that, maybe not the best to create a romantic mood but I digress.

We started with gumbo, which was nice. The roux was a little light for my taste but still enjoyable and the now customary Shrimp Remoulade. We were pleasantly surprised when it arrived! It was a mound of properly dressed shrimp served on fried green tomatoes!! One of my favorite things!! I would have been perfectly content with this as my main course!

Hubby ordered the Taste of New Orleans, a serving of 4 New Orleans staples. He enjoyed it. He was not a fan of the red beans and rice but I thought they were pretty tasty.

I had a shrimp Po-boy (yes I know again) and the shrimp were very well done. Seasoned an fried just right.

The kitchen did seem a wee bit slow but it was ok with us as we were in no hurry.

Give it a try. Make sure David is your waiter and sit back and enjoy.

Reviewed August 2, 2016

When in New Orleans we often finish our evening with a drink at the Chartres House bar. Excellent bartenders, generous drinks and a relaxing atmosphere. The bartender Sunday even brought extra ice for my martini on the rocks when she noticed I was running low.

Thomas B, Area Director at Chartres House, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2016

badgerdjw
Thank you for your recent review on Tripadvisor. We like to think our bartenders are pretty awesome too and thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate you taking the time to give us a great recommendation and we hope to see you again very soon.
Sincerely