“Right in the Heart of good times!”

Bluegreen Vacations Club La Pension, Ascend Resort Collection
Ranked #65 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Steilacoom, Washington
“Right in the Heart of good times!”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

My sisters, cousins and I have begun a tradition of celebrating our 50th's together in a fun place. Last year was Vegas! This year in Oct I picked New Orleans. What a great choice! Apparently they love birthdays there. I had pin that said 50th Birthday that I wore and every other person I saw wished me Happy birthday. Some will even give you money! I made $7 from total strangers who'd respond when I protested, "That's N'awlins darling". At one restaurant the live jazz band played to me and then the owner led me and my party on a parade around the dining room loaning me the traditional small,umbrella to wave! What fun! I would definitely recommend NO for a superb girls weekend away!

To be more specific, we stayed at a timeshare resort, Club La Pension right on Decatur. It was a great old building and in a perfect location. The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooftop hot tub was a lovely relaxing way to end the day. Although the building was very old, that only added to the charm. We did not miss the usual amenities at all.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Karen H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Overall this was a fantastic find. We stayed in a 2 bedroom. Everything was great. Great location, great friendly staff, great unit, great amenities. Would recommend this place and hope to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
6 Thank spunkster
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed October 8, 2010

My wife and I booked 5 rooms here at Club La Pension using our Bluegreen points for a weekend with family and friends. The room that we had (313) was a handicapped room, but the only difference seemed to be a walk-in shower instead of a bathtub/shower combo. The one bedroom suite was huge by New Orleans standards. It had a pull out couch in the entry room with a flat screen TV, a small kitchenette and large bathroom and nice sized bedroom with one queen bed.

The hotel is in the French Quarter near Canal and Decatur, only a couple blocks from Bourbon Street and Jackson Square. It is a great location.

The hotel is clean although it is typical of New Orleans and is a small "boutique" type hotel. The check-in was simple and all five rooms were ready at Noon when we arrived which was nice. The staff was very friendly. There is a small hot tub on the roof, which I believe is open 24 hours, but we didn't use it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Wordman113
Indiana
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We had a wonderful week at Club La Pension. The staff was just wonderful. Room was clean and right in the French Quarter. This place is just a short walk to Bourbon St., but fat enough away that it's not loud at night. Plus, you will never hear your neighbors either. Bed was super comfortable! Would definitly go back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank FiftiesGal
Leesburg, Georgia
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I visited New Orleans with two friends and we stayed here. We stayed on an RCI exchange, so I am not sure how the cost compares to the value of the place...but I can say that I was very satisfied with our visit. The furniture in the common areas was a little outdated but I didn't come to New Orleans to sit on my butt and relax. The bedrooms were small but the beds were fairly comfortable and both bedrooms had tall windows that opened to a private balcony. I have to say the balcony provided many hours of people watching fun...we even had our very own street-corner preacher. The balcony overlooked Decatur St. so there was always some kind of activity...although it did quiet down at night. The hot tub on the roof provided some much needed relaxation after a long day of walking around the French Quarter.

The parking situation was daunting at first because it is $30 a day for valet (offsite) parking. I was very impressed with the service, I was able to retrieve my car within 5 minutes of any departure...there was never a delay. The staff was very nice even when I had to retrieve my vehicle from parking to get my camera after I had just left it for parking a few minutes earlier. It was definitely worth the cost of valet...since there is NO parking in this area of the Quarter and covered secure parking costs about $25 a day anyway.

If you decide to stay here...don't waste your time or money with the Everything Shopped on Canal. You can see it from the front of the property and I thought it would be very convenient...well it was...but also ridiculously expensive. There are two Walgreen's stores within 3 blocks of la Pension and a Walmart that is less than a mile away....so don't waste your money on these "convenience" stores.

la Pension is located about 2 blocks away from the riverfront..and is very convenient to everything in the French Quarter. Harrah's casino is also very close and several really nice places to dine.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
12 Thank Jonathan029
Augusta GA
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Had a wonderful time in New Orleans sight seeing, and just taking in all the new good changes to this great city. This was the first time back since 2002. We stayed at Club La Pension on Decatur St which was only 2 blocks from Bourbon St .The building has been there since 1840 and was remolded in 1997. Furnishing were very comfortable, had a nice size kitchen but never cooked since there are soo many wonderful resturants there. The staff at La Pension were wonderful, Iashia,Charmaine, Josh took care of our every need. Thank you Bluegreen for such a nice place to visit.The staff also put us in touch with someone to pick us up from the airport. Global Transportation they were there when our plane arrived and picked us up for our departure home. This is a great place to stay, We will go back there soon.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank CharlotteAugustaGA
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Positives - great location, near a ton of restraurants, on the edge of the french quarter and a block or so from Harrahs. Tubs have jacuzzi jets, beds and pillows are comfortable with plenty of extra's. The pull out couch into a bed is nice too if travelling with young children.

Negatives - $30 a night to park, no pool, a bit noisey - it is the french quarter so that should be expected. Old TV's need updated, water pressure is weak.

We have stayed here a few times, the rooms are fine. We have had the 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom units and they are fine.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family