This was our second time at this resort. The last was three weeks before Katrina in 2005. They have done major renovations since our last stay. We were in 206 this time.
* Location, location, location. They are on the edge of the French Quarter near Canal Street and an easy walk from anywhere within the French Quarter, the Warehouse District, and the St Charles Street street car for going to the Garden District.
* The units give you a lot of space. We had a two bedroom unit during both of our visits. Last time we had our son with us. This time we didn’t and the second room gave us a place to store my clothing.
* There is a limited kitchen area with a small refrigerator, so you can have breakfast in the room if you want to.
* The staff is very helpful and friendly.
The not so good:
* There is a street behind the resort that is more or less an alley. In the early morning, taxi drivers park there in what looks like a make shift taxi queue for the nearby Marriott. They shout at each other and honk their horns. This, of course, wakes you up quite early. This might be less of an issue if you’re in a room on an upper floor.
* Our second bathroom was very small and had almost zero shelf space. Luckily I don’t need much, and I let my wife have the larger bathroom.
* There is not a lot of space for storing clothing. There’s plenty of closet space, but very limited drawer space.
* Do not rent a car unless you plan on a road trip outside of the area. You don’t need one. Taxis to/from the airport charge a flat rate of $33 (at least for two people).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bluegreen Vacations Club La Pension, Ascend Resort Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club La Pension Hotel New Orleans