“Even in NOLA you need to sleep.”

Bluegreen Vacations Club La Pension, Ascend Resort Collection
Ranked #63 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I really like this place but probably would not recommend it due to the street noise. We had a 4th floor one bedroom along Decatur, all night sirens, trucks, car alarms, honking, shouting and talking could be heard until the street sweeper started early in the morning. Perhaps heard is not the right term since it was LOUD, like the widows were open. I did end up moving to the pull out couch but then was awakened by the noise from the hall, while much less frequent still disturbing. Very unfortunate, because La Pension is really a unique and clean place with a great location. When we booked I did ask for a quiet room

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jpbec

Reviewed February 28, 2013

There was the rock and roll marathon and a cheer convention so everything was booked. Found this place on trip advisor. Right off Canal in the heart of the French Quarter. Wow! Even the regulars who live in N.O. had never heard of this place. I had room 406 which was a duplex with a really cool upgraded roomy downstairs with kitchen and an upstairs bedroom that was comfortable.

I cannot begin to say how great this place was. Convenient to the chaos that is Bourbon street but without the noise. Great staff. I guess this is a timeshare type of place as they did call me and try and upsell me.

The only weird thing was in my 4 days there, they never made the bed. I was always too busy or too tired to ask. They also had free wi-fi which is a bit slow so I wound up using my Verizon satellite card instead. Paid an average of 250 a night

Room Tip: 406 was nice - will add pictures soon
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife and I shared a one bedroom unit for 6 days. Our accommodations were excellent, we felt very secure. Location is also great, walking distance to everything in the French quarter, the business district and the street cars. Staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. We loved Giovanni's restaurant which is adjacent, both the bar and restaurant are first-class. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were able to book this hotel for 10ppl 3 weeks before we were set to go to mardi gras because the last hotel we booked (Frenchmen hotel) had increased their prices dramatically at the last minute and I cancelled my reservation there. La pension was such a pretty, clean and very New Orleans styled hotel! Loved the decor it represented the city perfectly. The staff (Charmaine, Chanel & Will) are super friendly and helpful. They go above and beyond to really make sure that we were happy and that everything is going well. The only thing is that housekeeping didn't give enough towels or toilet paper and were hard to get a hold of. Other than that we had a great stay. The location was perfect....close to everything. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a balcony room it's so much fun! Lots of fresh air and easy access to the sun deck and i...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LC513
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Charmaine what can I say she is Wonderful, and so is everyone else that works here. We had a few small things and they were addresses right away. The newly rehabbed and decorated rooms are a little quirky but it works for New Orleans. Would definitely stay here again. Close to everything no need for a car and steps away from most of the Mardi Gras parades.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chrissy255
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The staff are extremely friendly. The location is exactly where you want to be!

Easy walk to all the great spots the French Quarter has to offer!

There is free coffee in the morning. No restaurant is required as there are more than enough places to eat in the French Quarter.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank knowlesc
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We were a party of 7 in 4 rooms. All rooms are decorated differently which is quite something to see. None of us encounter any problems. The decor is unique and all the different levels from room to room were an adventure. My only problem was that there is no closet or a place to hang your jackets or sweaters on the first floor of the town house. The staff were excellent and saw to our every need. Charmaine at the front desk took care of us beyond the call of duty. The House of Blues is right next store which was an added bonus. We definitely would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Our party stayed on the 3rd & 4th floors, our room was a town house at the front just off of the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends