“Bloody Mary's will keep you coming back.”

Corner Oyster Bar & Grill
Ranked #554 of 1,955 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Scranton PA
“Bloody Mary's will keep you coming back.”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

You can't leave New Orleans without having a Bloody Mary. Stephanie makes them the best of anywhere around. Such a friendly place. You feel like your home. Highly recommend for lunch or just a drink.

• Visited October 2013

“The staff and food is excellent”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I'm from Louisiana and I now live in Florida. Every time I come home I go out of my way to eat at The Corner Bar and Gril. Stephanie has been an icon of this restauraunt for 21 years and has always gone above and beyond on service. She has always made me feel at home and treats every customer like they were family. Now, I don't know Stephanie from outside of this restaurant but she always greets me, and from what I hear, other customers with respect and always with a smile. I'm a big fan and will always continue to come back to The Corner, especially if Stephanie is working.

• Visited September 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Nothing special, nasty bathrooms”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here for dinner because we were in the area. I ordered the jambalaya. I was extremely disappointed since a box of Zatarain's would much more authentic than this place. It was supposed to be jambalaya with chicken and sausage. I counted 2 bites of sausage, 3 bites of chicken, and about 4 cups of flavorless, undercooked rice. The bathrooms in this place are just plain disgusting. Use them with extreme caution. They are extremely tiny which makes it even harder to not touch anything and the hand dryers had the same power as a my grandmother blowing on her soup to cool it down. Spent $50 on 2 entrees, 1 soda, and 2 beers. Skip it!!

Fayette, Mississippi
“Oyster house servesbad oysters?”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have been there before specifically for fresh oysters and cold beer and always enjoyed the place. This time it was empty, except for one other customer. Thinking that was because it was early evening on a Thursday, we went in anyway and ordered two dozen oysters on
the half shell. The first clue should have been when a man came from the kitchen and told the waitress he didn't think they had oysters. But, she brought out the first dozen. The stench was sickening. There was no way we were eating those! We cancelled our order and left. An oyster house that intentionally serves bad oysters? No thanks. We won't be back.

• Visited September 2013
Friendswood, Texas
“Bloody Mary!!!!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The best bloody mary in town and in a to go at that in a souvenier cup! Family Friendly place that let us park our stroller inside with no problem. Fast sit down lunch with the kids and we were well satisfied.

Visited July 2013