All reviewsbloody marystwo blocksafter walking all dayfrench quarterbourbon streetfourth floornice courtyardeach morningstreet carswalking distance to everythingkitchenettearnaudsdeskdantesnolapartyingquarters
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Some friends had stayed here before so we tried it. With four of us staying in one unit, we had plenty of room. Our living room/kitchen was huge and our bedrooms were very adequate. The only downside was the spiral staircase up to the bedrooms and bathroom. It was very narrow and had many steps. Most other units did not have stairs. We had a complete kitchen, but who wants to cook when staying in the French Quarter? We did use the fridge, coffee maker, and glassware. We made our own coffee the first morning, but then we found that the manager prepared coffee and put it in the courtyard by eight o'clock. We really enjoyed sitting at the very nice table in the courtyard having coffee and later having wine or a cocktail. The manager was friendly and helpful with suggestions for dining and things to do. As with all places in the French Quarter, parking costs extra, but the price is very reasonable here. You do have to walk about two blocks to get to your car and you must park above level 5, and there's no elevator. The price varies for a room here depending on the occasion so check before you go.

Room Tip: There is a lot of variety here. If you can't climb a spiral staircase, you don't want that room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Chuckospringpatch
Reviewed February 14, 2014

If you want to stay in the French Quarter but somewhat away from the loud noise, this is the place! charming B&B style, brick house, original wood floors. They are in the process of renovating many of the units, so some of them still have somewhat original equipment (bath, kitchenette, etc). If you are looking for a resort style stay, look else where. If you are down for small, quiet, CLEAN place, this is IT!

Staff is very friendly, gave lots of good advice of where to eat.

Parking is very expensive in the area, the resort offers parking but still cost $30 a day. I was told later, it doesn't cost much to get a taxi ride from the airport to French Quarters. Public transport (streetcar) is very easy and cheap. Plus, you can WALK all over the French Quarter.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JoSeeKey
Reviewed January 9, 2014

A girlfriend and I spent a week exploring the French Quarter while staying at the lovely Chateau Orleans. Great location only two blocks from both Bourbon St. and Canal. Our accommodations were a small 2 story house inside a tropical courtyard. The full kitchen was newly remodeled and the furnishings were attractive and comfortable. More floor or table lamps in the living room and bedroom would have been useful. Free wifi throughout the resort so making dinner reservations, etc. was simple. The manager, Paul, was so helpful and accommodating. He booked an excellent swamp tour for us as well as a plantation visit. Overall, a good place to stay with true NOLA ambience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard and away from the busy street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Lfkoenec
Reviewed December 28, 2013

As with everything in life, your expectations will dictate your experience. This is a nice enough place, in an amazing location, with rates that are pretty standard for New Orleans. They do coffee in the courtyard on weekdays, bloody marys on the weekends, and have regular cleaning service for trash, new towels, etc. The Chateau Orleans is not new, it's not super updated, and it's not always the most pristine (but let's face it... neither is New Orleans; you're gonna get a little dirty there, ya heard me?) - it is comfortable, clean, safe, and a great place to stay in New Orleans... I've been staying there since 2001, and I'll be back again and again and again!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Amanda D
Reviewed December 12, 2013

My husband was about to have a big birthday and had never been to NOLA. I booked the trip just two weeks ahead of time. With the SF 49ers playing the Saints that weekend all hotels were booked.......My score! I found Chateau Orleans which was in the best location possible. The rooms were clean, well appointed and the hosts were friendly and full of information. The town house was magnificent, renovated up to date but still full of old NOLA charm with chandeliers, crown moldings and so much more. We will be back and hopefully will be lucky enough to stay here again! This was my 5th trip and Chateau Orleans was the best place I have stayed. Oh, I almost forgot the Bloody Mary's...I have NEVER had any hotel, B & B, Time share or even a private home who let you make your own on Saturday and Sunday mornings...excellent!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple