Chateau Orleans
Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
$289
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$238
$199
  • Breakfast included
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$286
$229
  • Breakfast included
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
Marriott Hotels
$432
$404
$332
$289
  • Restaurant
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$260
$269
  • Fitness center
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$338
$191
$382
$339
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbloody marystwo blocksafter walking all dayfrench quarterbourbon stfourth floorwould definitely stay here againcanal streeteach morningwalking distance to everythingan easy walkkitchenettecourtyardarnaudstownhousedeskquarters
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 22, 2013

February 18, 2013, exchanged my timeshare for Chateau Orleans. Late arrival, but was assured we could access the Chateau and I was given the codes for the entry and key box along with directions to our room (ground floor, main bldg.) and told us to sign in at desk in am. This all went just perfect. The rooms were amazing, overlooking the beautiful courtyard/pool, very high ceilings, all freshly painted and very clean large bedroom, living room with kitchenette, shower/bath, with lots of towels, etc. The bed and pull-out couch were extremely comfortable. Coffee in the beautiful courtyard daily. We met Susie the following morning and she was wonderful, gave us lots of ideas of where to visit, eat, etc. and made our reservations. As it was our first trip to New Orleans, she was so helpful. We also met the lovely lady painting the beautiful murals on the walls in the hallways, she was also so nice and friendly. Other guests were friendly as is usual in this intimate setting. There were no restaurants, but everything was within one-to-two blocks away. I would recommend and encourage anyone to give this place and its ambience some notice. Would definitely stay here again!
Thank you Susie, you were wonderful!

Room Tip: If you have a disability or suffer from arthritis, I would advise you to let the Management know, as they will do their best to accommodate you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AnnieFirst
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We have stayed here 5 years in a row and it just gets better and better. The Chateau is in the process of a beautiful remodel. The front desk area, freshly painted entrance, new well lit entry way, and the addition of an elevator have made this a wonderful vacation stop. Try to remember this is an older building located in the middle of the French Quarter. It is not new but who wants to come to this historic neighborhood and ruin it by staying in some new boring chain. The front desk folks (as other reviews have said) make your New Orleans experience one to remember. All you have to do is ask, they are all very knowledgeable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EIEIOOO
Reviewed January 2, 2013

In March 2011 we booked a small suite (1 bedroom with a partial kitchen) at the Chateau Oleans for the week of February 8-15, 2013 (for Fat Tuesday / the conclusion of Mardi Gras). We had written confirmation of the booking nearly two years in advance. Last week, in late December, 2012 (only about 6 weeks before our long anticipated vacation) we were notified that Chateau Orleans had "made a mistake" and did not have accomodations for us. We have already purchased our airline tickets to travel from VA and are now left with no accomodations in New Orleans for the upcoming Mardi Gras. Chateau Orleans refuses to honor our written confirmation and have left us "high and dry" with nowhere to stay and no assistance except a lame "we're sorry for the mistake". It is our belief that Chateau Orleans cancelled our reservation in order to book other guests at a higher rate. The management at this resort seems to be totally lacking in integrity, empathy or any sense of responsibility for "their mistake". I cannot recommend taking a chance making a reservation with this hotel since based on our experience even your written reservation may or may not be reliable / honored. This is the most callous attitude I have ever encountered with a business in the hospitality industry.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
19  Thank David B
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We arrived late at night and found that we did not have a key to o the 2nd floor room promised to us in the building with an elevator and instead had a 3rd floor walk up! But the next morning Susie, the great desk manager, put us in a very nice apartment and took care of our every need while we were there! Our best advice is to deal only with Susie and Mary and NOT Paul, a manager there. He knew my sister needed an easy to access room because she had 2 hip surgeries and difficulty walking, but he dropped the ball for whatever reason!! The hotel is lovely and we enjoyed it very much ! Great location !

• Stayed: October 2012
10  Thank BeverlyBridges
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I am writing this from my suite in Chateau Orleans (wifi internet access in the rooms). Many of the previous reviews on this site give a far more negative view of this place than the reality. My room is clean. There is a little noise from the room above, but not excessive. There are no building materials around the place (at least in the bits I have seen). I was a bit anxious about coming here (there is a conference on so nearly everything in town is full), but I can say that I am very pleasantly surprised.

This might be because the building work seems to be mainly finished now. My suite is largely brand new. Yes a suite. Bathroom, living room and kitchenette with TV and mod-cons. The courtyard is also very nice. All for about 180 bucks per night, right in the French quarter. The proprietress is also very friendly and helpful.

This place deserves a better rating on here. It has more character and is cheaper than the mega-chain hotels. I guess the down side is that there is not concierge or 24 hour desk service (desk closes at 11, but there is 24 hour access via a code-locked door). But I would say this is a minor point and is already costed in on the basis that this is not a hotel but apartments.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo