Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$105
$99
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $160/night.

InterContinental New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$117
$110
InterContinental
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $184/night.

Royal St Charles Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Fitness center
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$172
$158
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

Hilton New Orleans Riverside(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$139
$116
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $164/night.

Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
$159
$136
Preferred Hotels
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $243/night.

$161
$139
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

$149
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
$107
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $124/night.

Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
$155
$134
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

All reviewsbloody marystwo blocksafter walking all dayfrench quarterbourbon streetfourth floornice courtyardeach morningstreet carswalking distance to everythingan easy walkkitchenettearnaudstownhousedeskdantesnola
Reviewed April 12, 2012

When we arrived at the address for the hotel I was sure there was a mistake in my directions. We pulled up to the "three flags" that I was told highlighted the hotel and entered through a small door. It was like walking into something that you knew you should immediately turn away from. The small, narrow hallway leading to the "front desk" was covered with construction debris, white chalky powder and an awful smell.
Upon registering, I was informed that there was no elevator and that our room was on the 3rd floor and no help was available to unload our luggage. The room that we were assigned to could have fit into my bathroom at my home - very small with a double bed and pullout coach. It was like a construction war zone. There was paint and caulking on the windows of the door going out to the patio, holes that were plastered in the walls but never smoothed over and repainted and the carpet looked like something that should have been removed and destroyed at least 30 years ago.
The manager (I assume) was a very rude and unpleasant man who seemed to care less if you were a customer or not. We were told by several people in the area of where the boundaries were of the "good" areas to go into and the "bad" ones to stay out of. Unfortunately, the hotel is located in a bad area of the town (only a few blocks off Bourbon Street).
The pictures online ARE NOT anything like the rooms that are available. Our room was musty, old, smelly and the doorways, stairways and hallways are VERY narrow in need of major repair. The bed was in desperate need of being replaced and burned.
The ONLY nice thing I can and will say about this hotel is that there is a lovely courtyard that is nice to sit and relax by the pool.

Room Tip: There is no good advise to give anyone about staying at this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank lovetotravelwithfami
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Don't spend the money to stay here. If you can go anywhere else, do it. The bathroom was almost unusable - water trickled out of the shower head. The manager, Paul, King of Rude, told us "that's the way pressure is in the Quarter." Of course, the people next door had great water pressure. This was my 6th trip to NOLA so I knew he was lying. The toilet was in an walled alcove as wide as the toilet tank so it was impossible to take care of one's cleanliness properly. I know there are major renovations underway and hopefully things will improve because the location is wonderful. I would not stay here again unless I could see the room BEFORE I booked it. To solve this problem, the new management should post a photo of each room in an electronic brochure.

Room Tip: Insist on a one or two bedroom suite. Do not take an efficiency. Do not go up to the 3rd floor. Make sure you get a room with a courtyard over the balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank roxane1223
Reviewed April 4, 2012

March 22:We arrived 4 hours late due to train from Chicago. I called from the train and spoke with Paul. He assured me we could access the Chateau and gave me the code for the Key box along with directions to our room and told us to sign in at desk in am. Went like clock work. The room was amazing. Large bedroom,livingroom with kitchenette, bath ( the hot tub is out of service as others mentioned).
Yes there are painters, and the front steps are not currently usable, but we managed quite well. There was no odor, which is amazing for a historic building. Coffee and rolls in the beautiful courtyard. The pix so not begin to do the space justice. Other guests were friendly as is usual in this intimate setting ( unlike a 100 room Marriott). I would recommend and encourage anyone to give this place and its ambience some notice. Would stay here again
Thanx Paul and Susie

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking courtyard are probably quieter. We were in the main building Room 10
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed March 15, 2012

This place is old and smelly and awful. Even with there so called renovation this place is garbage. I had two bedroom loft rooms are small and the bathroom sucks its old shower head just barely gets u wet. Toilet is squeezed right next to tub u can't even wipe your but sitting down so close to wall. Stayed five days maid only came twice. Walls are thin if some one to in next units your not gonna sleep well either .. dont do it pay extra and stay in a hotel this place is down right nasty and horrible ..

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Kdubbs914
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Chateau Orleans is undergoing an extensive renovation and remodeling. It has always had, probably the best time share location of any in New Orleans. Well, now it is being updated inside and out, with the usual interruptions due to construction, but anyone can see what is in store for future occupants. My wife and I just spent Christmas weekend there and the unit we had, was furnished with the most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in. We were given a peek at some of the nearly completed units, with new crown molding, doors, carpet and all that can say is - WOW! We have had our unit for 17 years and it looks like it is really going to culminate in something greater than what we ever expected.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family