Review Highlights
Super Friendly

A local guide recommended this place. We were told that they served the best Bloody Marys in town... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
GBJ-Cookies
South Shields, United Kingdom
The best bar ever

This was the first place that my husband and I stop do drink a beer in New Orleans . It was an... read more

Reviewed June 5, 2019

from $10.00
from $56.00
from $20.00
More Info
All reviews gay bar drag show bloody marys pickled green beans cheap drinks nice neighborhood bar great locals friendly bartender great drinks french quarter royal street lots of fun bourbon st nola bars dive music
Selected filters
Reviewed November 6, 2017

Went to a show called the Reba Douglas Jubilee. It was a great time! The bartender was nice and made a great drink.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed October 18, 2017

Oh what a fantastic entertaining French Quarter's Drag Female Impersonator's Show in a small location with a little stage of a platform!

The only thing I didn't like about this moment was that the owner blocked the main entrance doorway with a huge board with no other way out. I was very concerned of a fire breaking out. I was really concerned because the owner was very drunk. I don't ever condone any owner running their business drunk before their customers. No! No! No!

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed August 12, 2017

My husband and I just got back from our second trip to the amazing Crescent City, when we were there last year we discovered the Golden Lantern on our last night and vowed to return there again this trip. I can't say enough about how wonderful this bar is, the bartenders are the friendliest, warmest folks you could ever expect to meet (Mark, Greg, Jonathan, etc.). The owner James is a lovely distinguished man and the patrons are a hoot! All types of characters with great stories to share. We frequented the bar at least twice a day, and my husband, being a day drinker would show up first thing in the morning. The drag shows are unbelievable, absolute professionals with so much talent. If we lived in NOLA we would be there every day, it would definitely be our local. We plan to go back next year and look forward to staying at the same guest house just a couple of blocks away from the Lantern. If you are keen on fun, intimate and friendly bars, you have to go to the Golden Lantern! We made so many friends there, I miss them already!!! Buy the t-shirts, check out the shows, you won't be disappointed!!! And tip, tip and tip, these folks work very hard and go out of their way to make everyone and anyone feel completely at home. There is no better bar in NOLA in my opinion, gay or straight makes no difference, it's all good! Miss you guys so much, love ya with all my heart, until next year!!!

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Pstanley37
Reviewed May 3, 2017

Whether gay, straight, trans, or other, this place is not only rocking an awesome crowd and bartenders, but some of the best Queens in the Quarter. Shows are every Friday and Saturday, and they are open to all. I guarantee you will have so much fun here!

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank Tabitha D
Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

By FAR, this was our favorite gay bar in New Orleans. Within a few minutes of walking in, we were chatting with down-to-earth, colorful locals, we had easily ordered two cheap, stiff drinks from an awesome bartender...we'd even been introduced to the friendly owner! Charming spot with charming people, a laid-back vibe, plus great prices. Wish we would have stayed here instead of continuing our increasingly disappointing gay pub crawl. Thanks, Golden Lantern! We'll definitely be back next time we're in town!

Date of experience: April 2017