“A Cold Drink on a Hot Day”
Review of Golden Lantern

Golden Lantern
Ranked #46 of 240 Nightlife in New Orleans
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Golden Lantern is another bar that we never got out to much before this year. It's kind of tucked into a far corner of the FQ, away from everything else.

We stopped in for a cold drink on a hot day after wandering through the French Market and the shops along Decatur Street. I got the impression that most of the people there were locals who all knew each other, but we felt welcomed and had a very pleasant time. My only (minor) complaint is that they allowed smoking in the bar.

I wouldn't mind stopping by again!

1  Thank Dgtl1

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ever since we found this little bar...we keep coming back. I'm actually reluctant to tell folks (again)how good it is because if word gets out I'm afraid it will lose it's charm! Always the best drinks, friendliest people (bartenders included) and a clean bathroom. (Yep, a clean bathroom in a bar in the quarter...imagine that!)

1  Thank rjnurs
Reviewed December 27, 2012

At the opposite end of the French Quarter from Canal is this place. It is a little hard to find, but it is a very nice neighborhood bar just off the last river trolley stop. If you walk about two or three blocks from the French Market you will find it. If you have read the other wonderful reviews, they are all true. You will not be disappointed if you go here! Me and the wife have a timeshare two blocks from here.

1  Thank Rbward
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was in NOLA for a few days after a conference and went to this bar alone, everyone was so friendly staff and customers...on the first visit Andy introduced himself and chatted to me and also knocked up one of the wicked Bloody Mary's! Next visit Lance was working, equally friendly...and easy on the eye, guys round the bar all introduced themselves too, was like being in my local, so friendly and a home from home, thoroughly recommended!!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

The Golden Lantern is one of the best secrets in the Quarter. Located on the corner of Barracks and Royal St. The Bartenders are the best in town, their Bloody Marys are the best in the Quarter and the Prices are Priced for the residents and to tourists so if you want great service and terrificate prices go there. They Show all Saints games. they have Drag Shows every Friday and Saturday nights which have the best entertainers in the quarter. Go you will have fun and say hello to Lance on Friday and Saturday nights.

1  Thank halbyman51