“Great food and service - - once seated”
Review of Oceana Grill

Oceana Grill
Ranked #56 of 1,947 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Cajun and Creole Cafe offering seafood as a French Quarter Restaurant. Oceana Grill is located just steps off of Bourbon Street the heart of the French Quarter. With Chef Specials daily, Oceana Grill is sure to have exactly what you are looking for.
Milwaukee, WI
“Great food and service - - once seated”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We made our first trip to NOLA and Oceana was recommended to us by our hotel. Knowing that there were conventions in town, I thought it wise to make a reservation. I called, spoke with a person who said that a res could be made and would transfer me to the employee who could take care if it. The woman who answered assured me that a res was not needed for a party of two and we'd likely be seated right away. What a surprise when we arrived and found a half-block line as well as observed folks being admitted ahead of us because they had a reservation! When I explained this confusion to the young lady who was "guarding the door", she was quite bored and had a "too bad, so sad" attitude!

We ended up waiting 3/4 hour. Once seated the service and food was exceptional. Our server, Kevin, was efficient, friendly and really knew the menu. The drinks, salads and entrees were nicely paced and though they were busy we were not rushed. It was worth the wait though it would have been much better if the folks handling res and the door were more on top of things.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Florence, Mississippi
“Good Food”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We picked this restaurant to bring our family to when we visited New Orleans. Very good. Food was fresh and even my toddler gobbled up every last bit. Will go back when we visit again!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank kpeaton0328
Welland, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shrimp”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We went for the shrimp and were not disappointed. We were treated very well by the servers and the atmosphere was comfortable.We had been in the city for several days and we had done some checking around for a good place to eat. There is a lot of advertising and there are coupons readily available. We actually had a extra coupon so when we left the restaurant we gave it to another customer to use. We would definitely eat there again any time.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank cindy263
québec
“Even for meat lovers!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Accompanied by 3 men who love fish and seafood, I was more than happy with my blackened steak!! I usually leave appr half my steaks to my hubby (who always has more room in the belly), but not this time!! It just melted in my mouth. The guys loved their meal also, Taste of Nola (2) and the Crawfish Étouffée. We went on a Saturday night, waited appr 30 minutes, which was WELL worth the wait. Service was also excellent. Would definately return here.

• Visited August 2013
Higgins Lake, Michigan
“Pretty Good Food, Nice vibe”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were a business party of four, had dinner there our 2nd night in NOLA. We had reservations, and were seated immediately. One of us was gluten free, they really didn't now how to accommodate that. They aren't known for their salads, apparently, pretty disappointing. The rest of us got the red snapper and mine was excellent, cooked perfectly.

• Visited September 2013