“Gator bites”

Ranked #60 of 1,980 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Cajun and Creole Cafe offering seafood as a French Quarter Restaurant. Oceana Grill is located just steps off of Bourbon Street the heart of the French Quarter. With Chef Specials daily, Oceana Grill is sure to have exactly what you are looking for.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

great food , we had gator bites, blackened chicken seafood plater and everything was very good and the service was excellent

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My family took a trip to Mobile and thought The Big Easy would be a nice stop. Since we wanted authentic Cajun cuisine, I TripAdvisor'ed this place and the reviews and locale hit jackpot. We were not disappointed.

Our waitress was fast and the food came out hot and spicy, and I do mean spicy. The ahi tuna had this great sauce that lit the taste buds and the gumbo soothed it down. Just looking at the place, we didn't expect the food to be so good (it looks like a beer joint), but leaving full and surprised left us happy we took a chance on this unassuming, hidden gem.

Go early for dinner since the place starts to fill up around 6.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

After reviewing a tourist book at my hotel, on a whim, I decided to try Oceana. I'm a picky eater who wanted to try authentic NOLA seafood (In my book, seafood is ONLY fish and shrimp) on my first trip to New Orleans; I'm so glad I chose Oceana as my first stop. I was seated promptly for lunch service and ordered the fried shrimp platter. They got my order wrong and gave me the fried seafood platter which includes oysters, catfish and shrimp, a big no-no for the picky eater. I sent it back and received a quick turn-around of my shrimp platter. The food was so well seasoned and delicious! I've never had hush puppies that good in my life! I did not have any specialty drinks. I've also never had good seafood (that wasn't a commercial restaurant) reasonably priced as oceana; I got a huge portion of shrimp, fries and hushpuppies for half of what I would pay in NYC for mediocre shrimp. I also had a problem with my check, but again, rectified with no fuss. The staff was also very attentive, courteous and helpful. I really enjoyed my meal at Oceana and cannot wait to come back! Additionally, I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

excellent Cajun breakfast and creole dishes...... highly recommend! if you're looking for good Cajun style food, this is the place to eat. Just off the French quarters, easy to find. Enjoy!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The staff was friendly and the chef special was recommended to me by our waitress, the Redfish Oceana.

I ordered this with sauce on the side since I like to taste the freshness of my fish/meat first. Then I fork tasted the crawfish mushroom sauce and it was awesome. So of course I just had to drizzle a little over my fish.

I was happy for the recommendation and will definitely try this place again.