“Excellent”

Oceana Grill
Ranked #63 of 2,019 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: French Quarter
Description: Cajun and Creole Cafe offering seafood as a French Quarter Restaurant. Oceana Grill is located just steps off of Bourbon Street the heart of the French Quarter. With Chef Specials daily, Oceana Grill is sure to have exactly what you are looking for.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Waitress Jamie was very attentive and offered excellent service. Food was outstanding will be back again.

Write a ReviewReviews (10,571)

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had a great brunch at Oceana. Go with the Bloody Mary and gator sausage. Our server Lloyd was the man.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Food is awesome here. Lloyd was a great server and a handsome gentleman def recommend the sausage. My friend Yankus loved the daiquiri.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The Oceana Grill was recommended to us by the concierge at our hotel and by the good reviews on Trip Advisor.

The food was good. Our experience was not!!

We were a group of thirteen people in New Orleans for a class reunion. We expected that the service might be a bit slower because of our group's size. However, we did not expect to wait almost 40 minutes for our meals to come.

My dinner was cold, so I sent it back. It took another 10 minutes for it to come again. As I said, once it came, my meal was good.

I can excuse the wait. I can excuse the fact that the meal was served cold. Here is what I can't excuse. Tom and I paid cash for our dinners as did a few others at our table. The 18% tip had been added to our bills which was expected. We were supposed to get $7.62 back in change after we paid the bill and tip. We got $5.00. The other people that paid in cash had their change rounded up to the next dollar so no coins were given back.

I told the manager about being shorted on the bill. His exact words were, "What would you like a free drink"? I, of course, said no thanks. I do think that an apology from him, as manager, was in order.

His reaction leads me to believe that this may be their common practice. He did not act surprised. Just rounding up everyone's bill must make this restaurant a lot more in profits. It is located in a very busy area, right off of Bourbon Street.

New Orleans is noted for it's wonderful food and restaurants. If you do choose to go to this restaurant, please be careful when paying your bill. People are in a party mood and often don't pay too much attention to their bill. We will not go back.

1  Thank Norma_Atlanta_Ga
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We recently visited the Oceana Grill for our last meal on our New Orleans Vacation. It did not disappoint! This place is roomy and comfortable with decent bathroom facilities, which are things that you don't always find in French Quarter restaurants. We had chargrilled oysters, bbq shrimp, and shared a catfish po boy. This place dresses their po boys in a non-traditional way with coleslaw instead of lettuce, but it was delicious. My husband and I both agreed that the chargrilled oysters here were way better than the ones we had at Acme Oyster House. Great food at good prices. Our waiter recommended we try them for breakfast, so that may be an option for us when we return to Nola.