“Rather Outstanding.”

Neighborhood: Uptown / Carrollton
New York City
“Rather Outstanding.”
Reviewed April 13, 2010

We met this fellow on the Easter Parade (see photo Left) who seemed to know a lot about New Orleans and good cooking and he recommended Vizards. I had to wait until Tuesday as its closed Sun-Mon, but did save the best for last. I tried the Seafood gumbo and my party tried the nelson. All delicious. I had the rack of lamb cooked to perfection. It had a sweet demi glaze sauce most flavorful. The rest of my party had the redfish which was full of crab meat, and wonderful. The ice cream tasted homemade and the coffee is made with the plunger. I recommend Vizards on the Avenue to anyone visiting NO, Its about a ten minute drive west on market street from the french quarter. Not difficult to find. I can be a little drafty inside wear a jacket. Amazing.

1 Thank NewYorkCityBill

Longmont,CO
“Great Restaurant - worth the cab ride”
Reviewed December 30, 2009

Nice restaurant in a good location. The best item we ordered was the BBQ Shrimp and Crab 1st course - I would have licked the bowl clean the sauce was so damn good. My wife had the gumbo and the fish amandine - the gumbo was ok and the fish amandine was excellent. For dessert we had the black and Blue cake - basically chocolate cake with a chocolate\blue chesse sauce - sounds kinda gross but it was very good. The waitstaff were friendly and knowledgable.

Washington, DC
“A Taste of New Orleans Off the Tourist Path”
Reviewed January 9, 2009

This restaurant is a nice little gem. The service is friendly. My food was well prepared and original. It is a bit far from the French Quarter and other tourist spots, but if you are not from New Orleans, it is worth a trip. I found Vizards to be a nice quality neighborhood place that is free of some of the hype surrounding many of the more famous name restaurants.

new orleans, la
“Put this on your restaurant list!”
Reviewed November 17, 2008

The place is small, but it is lively. Most of the people that eat here are locals and seemed like everyone except for us knew the Vizard family; however, we were treated very well and we did not have reservations!
We started w/the crabmeat w/mushrooms in an edible fried eggplant bowl. I got the redfish w/a crabmeat topping and my husband got the largest soft shell crab (this was his first). They were out of the Pork Osso Bucco, but we heard that and the Duck was delicious. We were both too stuffed to look at the dessert menu.
We did not look at the wine list b/c we are whiskey drinkers, so I cannot say if it is a good wine list. Our bill was $100, which we thought was reasonable for drinks, a large appetizer and two seafood entrees. We were not disappointed and we cannot wait to go back!!!!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Restaurant is now closed”
Reviewed August 28, 2008