Tripadvisor
New Orleans
1,513 results
All reviews the executive lounge french quarter st charles parade route corner room mardi gras beautiful hotel few blocks convention center valet nola concierge drawers cbd trolley canal conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel doesn’t have a pool. Rooms have issues with the AC. Lounge has same breakfast menu everyday. Parking is valet only and it’s very expensive. Location is great. You can walk to many places from the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Trek09803486778, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans St. Charles Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We appreciate the feedback, Avnish.

It's unfortunate you had such challenges during your stay with us. We're disheartened our temperature control system didn't meet your expectations. It's important to us that our guests feel relaxed and comfortable during their time with us. We hold ourselves to a higher standard so we'll address your concerns with our team moving forward.

We hope you allow us the chance to host you again soon for a more positive experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A classic hotel in the heart of New Orleans, with an excellent restaurant next door. The staff is friendly and helpful. I didn't notice any breakfast, which would've been nice considering it was not inexpensive.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for sharing this perfect rating, rlmeadowood​​​​​​!

We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay at Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue It's our pleasure to accommodate you to the fullest extent. After all, your happiness is our top priority! We're already looking forward to your next visit!

Have a beautiful day!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In the last three months I have stayed at four different hotels in New Orleans. I paid more for my room at the Hilton New Orleans St Charles than I did at any other property and received the worst service. Had this been a lower tier hotel with a lower tier price tag, it might have earned a higher mark, but with a $300+ per night price tag comes expectations of service. While the hotel is in a fabulous location and has one of my favorite NOLA restaurants on the first floor, it feel far short of expectations. I am sorely disappointed.

The stay started poorly. We pulled up to the valet at about 1. No one was manning the valet booth. We waited. And waited. And waited. No one came out. We finally unloaded the car ourselves and my husband and daughter hauled the luggage inside while I stayed with the car waiting for the valet. And waited. And waited. And waited. I finally locked the car and went inside in search of the valet - for $300+ per night. Notably, not once when we entered or left the hotel was there anyone manning the door - for $300 a night. (Also raises huge security concern. Anyone can walk in. Anyone can get into an elevator. Anyone can go to any floor - sign by elevator says key is required but it isn't).

As Diamond members we requested an early check in. Finally received a text that the room was ready shortly after 4 -- the normal check in time. When we returned to the hotel, we were able to track down a bellman to retrieve our luggage from storage. While he was gone we waited at the desk. And waited. And waited. For the woman working the desk to look up from the computer. She never did. The bellman came back and got our keys for us. Notably we then carried our bags upstairs ourselves - for $300 per night.

When we entered the room it was dank and musty. Turned the AC fan to high and when we returned from dinner the smell was better though not fresh.

The room was large with a ton of wasted space. Two double beds in a room that could easily have accommodated two queens. A large desk/tv stand combo and a desk chair. No other place to sit. Nowhere to put clothes. The closet door appeared to be painted shut. All three of us tried to force the door open with no luck. So for $300 a night, there was no way to unpack. No ironing board. No dirty clothes bag. No luggage stand. Nothing.

The tv remote only worked if standing directly in front of the tv. Move to the bed and it wouldn't work.

The bathroom was microscopic. Very little counter space. No way two people could be in the bathroom getting ready at the same time. To stand at the sink my legs touched the toilet. Only three towels for a room for four. The normal Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries were provided. Again for $300+ per night I expect a larger bathroom than the motel 6.

The room was very loud. ALthough there are few rooms on a hallway, the noise from the hall at 1 am was defeaning. As were the sounds of sirens from the street below even though we were on the 15th floor. And around 2 am the people above us apparently were running races across the floor. Little sleep was had.

Visited the fitness center on the 6th floor on Sunday morning. When I exited the elevator on the 6th floor their was a distinctive smell of stale smoke. The smell of stale cigar smoke in the fitness center was almost overwhelming. The fitness center itself is large. It appears to have been a party room of some sort in the past with lovely molding on the walls and ceilings, as well as old stained/frosted windows. A good selection of equipment and a divider between the cardio area and an area for doing abs/floor work was a nice touch. There are plastic cups for water. No bottles. No chilled towels.

The Diamond member executive lounge was okay for breakfast. Decent selection of items, though had to ask for things to be replenished at several stations (including an empty half and half container by the coffee). Staff working in that room were some of the nicest people we encountered during our entire stay.

On a positive note, the valet promptly brought our car when we called to check out and that valet was quite friendly. It was the only real service we received. For $300+ a night.

Date of stay: January 2020

Thanks for the feedback, R1061JRkellyw.

It's unfortunate your time with us didn't measure up to the high standards we're accustomed to sharing with our guests. We do hope for the opportunity to share a more positive experience with you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I booked a “cancellable reservation” with this hotel, and cancelled 2 1/2 months prior to the cancellation deadline. After I canceled, this hotel processed over $300 in an authorized charges on the bank card I originally used to make the reservation and refused to refuse them when I disputed the charges with my bank card company. Ultimately, my bank card company did reverse the unauthorized charges, but with a lot of hassle on my part. I do not recommend this hotel for any type of staying, they are untrustworthy!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Z114ZSarthurl, we are very sorry you had this experience when canceling your reservation and sincerely apologize if you were charged a cancellation penalty in error. This is not on par with the high caliber of service we pride ourselves on providing.

Thank you for brining this to our attention, will be discussing your feedback to ensure this does not happen moving forward.

Reviewed January 15, 2020

I was here with my hubby who was in Nola for work. The desk staff was lovely & professional upon check-in. The hotel is old art deco chic, but renovated beautifully keeping all of the original beauty. Our room was a large 1bdrm with a living room. VERY comfy & spacious, but lacking a view (looking into the tall office bldg next door). Still got good light though since we were on the 10th flr. The bathroom is huge with a double sink and giant shower. The room was very clean & nicely decorated. The gym is on 6 and as far as hotel gyms go, it was a very good one with plenty equipment and no crowd. The hotel was also in a perfect location to walk to the many different, great neighborhoods NoLa has to offer. I'd recommend staying here.

Room tip: 1018 looks at the office bldg, but still gets good light.
Date of stay: January 2020
Trek09803486778, General Manager at Hilton New Orleans St. Charles Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Thank you for the fantastic review!

We're delighted your time at Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue was so wonderful! It's fantastic you took advantage of our convenient location in the heart of the city. We endeavor to offer a memorable experience for all of our guests. We look forward to hosting you again soon for another excellent experience!

Have a splendid day!