“Relaxing”
Review of Spa Aria

Spa Aria
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa Aria a cozy retreat tucked inside the historic Hotel Monteleone. Spa Aria transcends relaxation. We are the " Best Kept Secret" because we are hidden on the second floor of the hotel, but once you find us we will always be a part of your itinerary. Our specialty is massage. We are noted for the best men's facial, and couples from around the globe come to us for couples massage. Book early because our local clientele is quite large. Our spa products are known around the world and we serve our signature hot tea Morning Rain daily. We are open everyday 9am till 8pm. Spa Aria a must do while visiting New Orleans!
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I wanted to get a facial while I was in New Orleans but wasn't sure of my schedule so I did not make an appointment ahead of time. I walked into Spa Aria one morning to see what they offered and they were able to take me right away. The facial was one of the best I've had! I wish I could remember the girl's name. She did a wonderful job and even gave me an arm, hand and foot massage during the facial. I wish I had time during my trip to go back and have a full massage and maybe mani/pedi. I definitely will the next time I'm in town.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Spa Aria is amazing. My fiancé and I visited new Orleans for his birthday and we decided to make plans for a couples massage. We both have had massages before at various places both at home and when we travel, but Spa Aria out shined them all! We had an 120 min massage which was fantastic. We both felt refreshed and relaxed. My fiancé is a chef by trade and has a lot of back and feet issues and he felt like a new man afterward! We also receive Champaign and normally chocolate covered strawberries after. Because the pastry chef of the hotel monteleone was running late the front desk associate was kind enough to find us at the carousel bar downstairs when the chocolates were ready and hand delivered them to us! Outstanding! The customer service and the spa services are fantastic and each time we visit new Orleans we will be making another appointment at Spa Aria! It is our new favorite Spa!

2  Thank Gerberbaby23
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This spa was so wonderful I went back a second time. The first time I had a facial and massage (30 min back/30 minute reflexology) and went back the second time for a full body massage. Bridget is wonderful. I was walking on pillows when she finished with the reflexology.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife got the best massage that she's ever gotten from Richard; he used a mixture of different techniques and she says that he managed to remove more kinks and knots than anyone she's previously used. On the other hand the manicure was probably the worst. It started with being scheduled for nails before the massage and that adds to the issue of trying to keep them from getting smudged for an hour plus - and that wasn't successful. Second issue appears to be in the quality of the polish used; it started chipping the day after the service and today (two days later) it looks like the polish was applied two weeks ago. I also thought the customer service was below average; I came in to meet her and basically got ignored for the first fifteen minutes. There are a lot of options in the Quarter and the overall service she received was well below what the paid for and expected.

spaaria, Front Office Manager at Spa Aria, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hi Paul and Karen,

First of all, I’m glad your wife loved the massage with Richard. All of our massage therapists do a great job but I’m glad we found the right fit for her with Richard.

Second, I want to apologize for the problem in customer service. We always prefer to schedule nail treatments after massage as well. Unfortunately when services are booked only a couple days before a busy weekend, we often have to do our best to accommodate the schedule. Our priority is our guests and we want to provide them all the services they desire (and deserve!) This is why we always allow at least a 15-minute window for drying and schedule the pedicure first and let the guest know on the phone when scheduling.

Anytime a guest has a treatment after nails we always make sure to have them in a robe so there aren’t any issues changing. I believe your wife did unfortunately smudge her nails before the massage. Her nail technician’s next client was waiting but of course fixed the smudge. If the quality of the touch up wasn’t up to par because it was rushed, we certainly apologize. Our nail technicians are as great as the products we use- OPI, Essie and Spa Ritual to name a few!

As for being ignored while waiting, we do not condone the behavior and will make sure it doesn’t happen again. We pride ourselves on being very (naturally) friendly and helpful at Spa Aria. You should have been offered a drink whether you were getting services or not. I apologize for that.

We hope we get a chance to change your mind next time!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Booked a couples massage for my husband as a birthday present.
What a treat...we enjoyed the soft lighting, music and the champagne and pralines at the end.
Very special event!