“Great bar with an awesome patio”

Razzoo Bar and Patio
Ranked #30 of 236 Nightlife in New Orleans
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of the world famous French Quarter, Razzoo is Bourbon Street's premier night club. We offer 3 for 1 happy hour everyday until 8pm. We offer live music Sunday through Thursday featuring our house band "The Phunkey Monkeys" starting at 8pm. On Friday and Saturday nights we turn it over to DJ Nitro, MC Rico and MC Jessica for an no holds barred dance party.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great bar with an awesome patio”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The patio behind this bar is by far one of the coolest on Bourbon. The drinks are strong and reasonably priced for a bar on Bourbon - don't waste your money on the $3 shot as they taste like candy and probably don't have much alcohol in them. This bar was packed every night during Mardi Gras but the set up works very well. Inside the music is loud for dancing and outside the music can be heard but there is more space to spread out, sit down, and talk.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank ThomasH21

Trussville, Alabama, United States
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Good club, good vibe, good band”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

A very nice experience, save for the vultures of girls with the $3 shots that hound you all night, especially after you get a few.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Phillip H
Little Rock, Arkansas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Tons of fun!!”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The bar was packed with folks dancing to the lively music. Once you wove your way through the crowd to the back of the club there was an outdoor patio. On the patio you could hear the music but was able to carry on conversations. It was the ideal set up.

Visited October 2012
ATL..Yall
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Shake Shake Shake your booty!!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had the best damn time here. I mean an even better time than I have in the clubs in my home town.

A sales clerk at the Chico's recommend this place to us. I'm so glad she wrote the name down cause, I wasn't sure I would remember.

3-1 drink specials are not my kinda thing, mostly because its well drinks, and those well drinks get me too tipsy to fast, but I could see lots of people taking them up on the offer.

I passed on the shooter tubes, but advise anyone and everyone, say yes to the jello shots (syringes)

I danced for hours, and so did the other people here.

Count me in for coming back again if I'm ever in New Orleans again. Old skool and hip hop heads need to get here!!

Time will sneak away from you....we went in around midnight, and stumbled into a taxi at about 3 in the morning.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank monyhngry
kbr0095
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Always a must see”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My friends and I have been traveling to New Orleans for 5 straight years now (with a 6th coming again in April) and this is one bar that always seems to suck us in. What begins as "hey, let's drop in and see what's up" inevitably turns into "holy hell, we've been here for 7 hours"! Now, it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but it happens to hit on many of the things we enjoy most.

1. You simply cannot beat 3-for-1 "happy hour" specials. And the only reason I used quotations is because their happy hour generally runs from the time they open (usually 11am on weekends/high traffic times) until 9pm. Cheap drinking? Sign us up.

2. We've always gotten there early enough to establish a rapport with the MC, resulting in some of the better conversations we've had while visiting. Unfortunately, the particular guy we've talked to the most has moved on, but we can't hold that against them. Anyway, when things seem the slowest is when we've had the most laughs. MC's will do their best to involve everyone who is there in some type of game/contest. And yes, I've been on stage a few times. I will not divulge whether there is video somewhere.

3. I know New Orleans is home to some of the best music in the world and I certainly enjoy hearing it. But sometimes, you just want to cut loose and listed to some good ole top 40 while shaking your booty. Razzoo has one of the bigger dance floors of any bar I've seen on Bourbon St, so there's plenty of room to do just that. And early in the day, feel free to hit up the DJ with your requests. They've always been pretty good about playing what we ask!

4. The patio. Really, you have to see this for yourself. It's a pretty cool experience.

Visited May 2012