“Terrible. Do not waste your time.”
Review of Riverwalk Marketplace - CLOSED

Riverwalk Marketplace
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Shop to your heart's content at this unique mall of converted warehouses located along the Mississippi waterfront. Choose from more than 140 stores and grab a snack at the food court, which offers a great view of the dock.
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Terrible. Do not waste your time.”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

How sad. I remember when this place went up. It started off very nice. Today was our first day here this trip and we wanted a quick lunch. Our hotel is next door and it seemed like a good idea. First, all the "going out of business" signs and discounts should have been a clue.

I wanted some gumbo and my husband was going to try this first-ever New Orleans Po-boy. Unfortunately, we chose the Cedar Grill in the food court on the Riverwalk. My gumbo was okay but not with the taste you really expect and I do know my gumbo. I can make it. This tasted good but was not gumbo (it had okra -- does that make it gumbo?) so I have to say no as I wanted gumbo and this just was not. The " Po-boy" was some deli turkey plopped into a bun. Awful, awful. The menu was full of Mediterranean foods like gyros and I suspect that might have been a better choice. Perhaps they added "gumbo" and "Po-boys" because people ask for these frequently. Not a good idea if that is the case.

The person filling the order also seemed to not know what he was doing.

Choose another place to eat and to walk around. The view of the river from our hotel is even better. Too bad this place has just not made it. Maybe it was the hurricane?

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Voyageurmonde19

Edmonton, Canada
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Scenic Tourist Area”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

While waitng to take a river cruise my wife and I strolled through this mall and had an enjoyable time. Many stores to browse through, a nice little food court and restrooms that were not a 'one drink minimum' to use. Situated at the beginning of Canal St. outside it offers a water fountain, outdoor restaurants and a relaxing area to just chill out. Most enjoyable

Baton Rouge
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Shopping and food”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

There are many stores in the riverwalk with lots of options, especially if you want New Orleans themed items. But there aren't as many food options as there used to be and not many with a New Orleans flair.

Boston, Massachusetts
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Good place to shop, eat, and walk around.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I really liked the River walk. You could watch the boats and barges going down the Mississippi, you can shop, you can eat, you can sit and relax. We had beignets from Cafe Du Monde, sat outside it was a gorgeous day. There are tons of indoor shops, a lot of interesting places to poke around in. I'd return in the future.

Williamsville
“Along the Mighty Mississippi”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Christmas morning 2012 and the Big Easy was living up to its name. For this day, however, laid back might be the better description. In lieu of packages under the tree, our Christmas gift was a leisurely stroll along the Mississippi from our hotel in the French Quarter. It was slightly brisk and windy ... the riverfront was uncharacteristically silent and empty. We meandered along exchanging Xmas greetings with the the smattering of couples and homeless that shared the river with us with no thought in mind, but the river ... it sang to us its timeless song. We heard the soft rill of a solitary sax. We silently eased nearer the street musician and dropped a dollar in his music case. He smiled, gently touched my wife's arm and said, "Sweetheart, I have this special song ... just for you". What followed was more than just a song ... it was a special moment to remember ... it was the defining moment of our trip ... it us, it was New Orleans! We dropped another bill into the music case and savored our taste of the Big Easy as we continued our stroll along the waterfront.

Visited December 2012