“Life has come back to the Riverwalk!”
Review of Riverwalk Marketplace - CLOSED

Riverwalk Marketplace
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Shop to your heart's content at this unique mall of converted warehouses located along the Mississippi waterfront. Choose from more than 140 stores and grab a snack at the food court, which offers a great view of the dock.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I first visited the Riverwalk in fall of 2007, and there were only a few stores open at that time. The aftermath of Katrina had long-lasting tentacles for New Orleans' commercial operations. I'm happy to say that the Riverwalk is now a bustling "mall" of stores and food outlets. Great place to pick up souvenirs and avoid the heat of the French Quarter for a while.

1  Thank Jane S

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Went to the Riverwalk after trying to trinket shop on Royal St; although a mall setting in the shops, it seemed to be a little less expensive. There are a few tshirt type stores, but otherwise some main stream shops like Aldo, Talbots, etc. The actual Riverwalk is a very nice stroll along the river from the Casino towards downtown and the cathedral if you want a much more pleasant walk than bourbon...

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Because we spent the weekend in New Orleans for my birthday, we were all over. Riverwalk was nice and relaxing. I did some shopping in the marketplace. We did find out that the marketplace will be turned into an outlet mall in 2013. It's always nice to be by water on a beautiful day.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We loved walking from our hotel to the Riverwalk mall and also enjoyed eating there and sometimes seeing a big cruise ship docked there.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've been to riverwalks in several different cities, and they all seem to be just malls with lots of normal mall stores but specializing in stores selling tourist items. This one is no different. It is pleasant enough if you like malls (and I don't). At least the food court restaurants mostly specialize in New Orleans cuisine. I had a half shrimp Po-Boy, and it was the best one I had in New Orleans. The view outside the mall of the Mississippi is great, and I did enjoy watching the barges go by, but you can view the Mississippi without visiting the mall itself.