“Great Deal”

Ranked #29 of 140 New Orleans B&B and Inns
oakland, ca
“Great Deal”
Reviewed November 4, 2009

The best thing about it, in my opinion, was the price and location. I loved the neighborhood (the Marigny) and the bars and restaurants around it. 15 min to the Quarter, so that was good too. If you just want to be out and about, this is the place. The rooms aren't fancy, but they are nice enough. Very nice lady running it. If you're looking to lay in the lap of luxury and spend time in your room, go elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
memphis tennesssee
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We truly enjoyed our stay and the freindly neighborhood. We really liked the relaxed atmosephere with the convienient coffee houses, grocery stores and bars within walking distance of the French Quarter & The French Market. You definately can't beat the price of The Inn and we will definately recommend it to our friends & family.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed October 14, 2009

After giving my credit card number and reserving four nights, I was treated like a diva for calling repeatedly to request a reservation confirmation that included dates. I called three times and was repeatedly told that because the guy who answered the phone said I had a reservation, I should just assume it was done.
I emailed several times, and emails were bounced back as undeliverable.
Finally not feeling too good about the situation, I emailed again to cancel; and immediately got a Blackberry-written response "so sorry, we never had a reservation for you!".
My immediate complaint got me one last response - essentially saying that because the owners are in Iraq, fighting for my freedom, confusion happens and I shouldn't be mad.
Unreal. The website says no high-maintenance travelers - apparently wanting a legitimate reservation qualifies.

• Stayed October 2009
8 Thank SacMama347
CreoleInn, Owner at Old Historic Creole Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2009
As an Inn we remain professional and courteous to our guests and bend over backwards to assist them with their stay. That is important to us as well as hosting guests who are respectful to others. Our staff was harrassed by this guest and they determined that the guest should not stay with us due to unprofessional and disrespectful behavior. Being disrespectful to our employees and to our troops and country as referenced in this review is inappropriate. We host all types of wonderful diverse people that have many different views to include activists, Europeans, Amercians, Anti-Americans, artists, and all who embrace democracy or not. The one thing guests have in common that stay here is respect for others while staying here and engaging with our staff and wonderful community. We are very sorry this event happened but we stand by our policy of accepting guests that have respect for others.
Mobile AL
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We just got back last night from a weekend stay (9/25-9/27) at the creole inn. We went to NOLA for the weekend for our friends's 30th birthday. We arrive in NOLA friday afternoon and got to the inn about 130pm and was able to get into our room early not lke a conventional hotel where you have to wait till check in time which is usually 4pm. We got a 2br/1ba room for $134 the whole weekend which made us really happy we would have spent triple that staying at a hotel We got all out stuff into the room and didn't have to leave it in the car which was really nice. The room we got is named "cowboy" it has a queen bed in the front room and a twin/full bunkbed in the 2nd room. The rooms were small but it didn't matter we were only there to sleep and shower. The inn is very quite we saw one of neighbors the first day but then didnt hear or see them after that we heard 2 women in the hallway but thats it so if you want peace and quite this is the place you want to stay at. You really feel like you are at home. If you like alot of pillows you may want to bring your own the pillows aren't very fluffy but when i called to see if we could get more pillows we got them. Chris and his wife are very accommodating they are very nice and welcoming. The free wi-fi was great to have since everyone who went was addictted to facebook and after partying on bourbon st all night we get back to the house around 230ish maybe and get online but the signal is set pretty low so the back bedroom didn't have a great signal so they had to come to front room and use their laptops ot go down stairs but thats ok at least we didnt have to pay $10 a day for internet like we usually do another word of advise though....we were told we could park anywhere but my friend on his birthday got a parking ticket for parking too close to a fire hydrant make sure you bring a tape measure so you are 15 feet away. The little Indian restaurant around the corner is a great place to eat a must to try for anyone We are definitely planning on staying here again

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
CreoleInn, Owner at Old Historic Creole Inn, responded to this review, November 17, 2009
Dear Guest

We appreciate your kind words and are so happy you enjoyed your stay! We have bought 15 new pillows for the Inn so this won't be a problem anymore :) We love our reviews and will respond to our guest's needs! For all other coming just let us know if there is something we can do for you! We would be happy to make your stay more comfy!
New York City
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We stayed for three days at the Creole Inn and we really loved the welcoming atmosphere. Chris and Jen were very helpful with explaining us everything on the map of New Orleans.
The room was clean and the whole stay excellent - fresh coffee in the morning and internet access in the guesthouse! It is in walking distance (10-15 min) to the French Quarter. We highly recommend the quiete, friendly, clean guesthouse in New Orleans!!!Thanks!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alohanyc19
California
Reviewed September 23, 2009

If you want to feel like the locals feel, you don't want to miss the Creole Inn in the Faubourg Marigny district!!! The owners, Ray and Silas, really know how to make you feel at home, and the inn is located in the most amazing area with delicious food, fun neighborhood bars and clubs all within a few blocks! The Quarter is also within walking distance, but who needs to go there? We absolutely loved it and will recommend it to everyone we know. It's got that down-home feeling, not pretentious, not fancy, but comfortable (great beds) and welcoming. You feel like you're one of the locals when you stay there and all the folks there are extremely helpful. Enjoy! Laissez les bon temps roulez!

Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Houston
Reviewed August 13, 2009

During the weekend of November 7, 2008, I had the privilege to stay at The Creole Inn and Suites. I arrived early on a Friday morning, and was immediately greeted with warmth and hospitality. Diana was so kind and gracious as we visited in her lovely backyard garden while listening to traditional New Orleans jazz from her CD collection. Soon it began to rain, so Diana invited me in her kitchen where we continued our visit. I was most impressed with this gesture because Diana spoke as if she had known me for years, and I had never knew her a day in my life! Later I met her husband Glenn, and he was wonderful too!

The rooms in this bed and breakfast are very cozy and extremely comfortable! A wonderful and restful sleep was received each night, which my body appreciated after walking all day and every day in New Orleans!

I was so impressed by the warm and gracious hospitality of the Creole Inn staff that I have decided to make the Creole Inn my home away from home whenever I am visiting in New Orleans. This is definitely a bed and breakfast I highly recommend to all who read this review. The Creole Inn is also very affordable!

I look forward to many future visits at the Creole Inn and Suites!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled solo