“It doesn't get any better!”

Old Historic Creole Inn
Ranked #31 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have visited New Orleans at least 10 times and this is by far the best place we have stayed! From the first moment we met the innkeepers, Kim and Charley, we felt like we had known them for years. They kept the place clean and were always more than willing to help us navigate the area. Inn is conveniently located to several eating establishments, a corner grocery, laundry mat and bar. Within walking distance to the French Market, French Quarter and Frenchman Street. Coffee and tea were available morning and evening. Air conditioning was more than adequate. With all this said, the most enjoyable moments for our family were those sitting in the courtyard under the 200+ year old oak tree taking with Kim, Charley and other guests!!!! Call 504 Share-a-taxi to get in from the airport for $15 per person and almost anywhere in the Quarter for $5 per person. On your next visit to the Big Easy don't waste your time looking around. Just call the Creole Inn for the best accommodations for the best price!! Less we forget, we left a pair of shoes under a chair and Kim was kind enough to ship them back to us. Don't get no better than that :)

Room Tip: Ask for the Old European suite! It is a two bedroom suite located on the first floor and opens dire...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had 5 amazing days and the fact that we were staying in the Creole Inn helped to that! Charley, was an amazing Host, funny and available. The area is close enough to the French Quarter that you can walk back and forth all day long, or walk back at night and still be safe. It's quiet, calm, and extremely charming little house.
Thank you to Charley that was the only one working when we stayed. Great Job. I will come back some day!

Room Tip: Any room in the Creole is great. No preferences. And I tried 2!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Room was nice. Lobby had coffee in the morning and a computer to check email and handle our flight check-in. Easy walking distance to Frenchman Street and the French Quarter. Price was excellent and Kim and Charley were very friendly and helpful. Only negative I found was the shower nozzle was too low in our room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Was centrally located the rooms were very nice. The staff was very helpful & friendly!! We loved our stay here. Was very reasonably priced!! Highly recommend the Creole Inn to anyone looking for a nice place up stay that is close to French Qtr!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had an awesome stay at the Creole Inn and would highly recommend it to anyone. Kim and Charley made us feel at home were wonderful hosts. They were very friendly and extremely nice people. We stayed here once before but felt more comfortable this time. The new management is great!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

As advertised, there are few "perks" with this place but that's not a complaint. When we're traveling we're only looking for a clean place to lay our head - the cool back patio, morning coffee, and drinks with the gracious innkeepers were enjoyable bonuses. Although a bit of a walk to the French Quarter, we discovered we liked this neighborhood district with its diverse collection of bars, cafes, restaurants and shops almost as much as the French Quarter itself. We'll definitely be staying here again for our return trip to New Orleans.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed at the Creole Inn from June 1-5 and was very happy with the quality of the place as well as the surroundings! I was in the Plantation Suite, which was very cute & cozy. I just loved all the little furnishings in the room, like a little world globe next to the armoire. My room had a mini-fridge so I was able to keep some leftovers from a dinner one night to have later. It was very quiet while I was there, I only saw another guest once as I was leaving one morning. Kim and Charley were very helpful with giving directions and recommendations where to go in the city. The Cake Cafe is just two blocks away and good for breakfast and has the most *amazing* cupcakes.

Now when I was reading reviews before arriving in New Orleans, as I would be traveling by myself what I really wanted to know was how close is it to the French Quarter and is the neighborhood safe to walk home at night alone? The hotel is in the Marigny, which is next to the French Quarter, a quiet little residential area. Each night I took the route of walking along Decatur and then turning onto Frenchmen, which is just 4-5 blocks from the hotel. It was very safe and Decatur & Frenchmen were always bustling with people and music clubs at night. The hotel is about a 15-20 minute walk from the French Quarter, depending on how fast you walk and if you go to any shops along the way. I'm from NYC so perhaps I walk fast, but it didn't really seem that far away to me. Very easily walking distance to all the sights and I never had to use a cab to get back.

I would definitely recommend the Creole Inn to anyone staying in New Orleans who is on a budget and wants a clean, friendly & pleasant place to stay!

Room Tip: As a single traveler, the Plantation Suite was the perfect size.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo